Saturday 24 October 2015

Dearie Me

I should just start every post with "Long time no see..." lol
There's no point in apologising, I'm sure you all realise that life gets so busy at times that you run out of time to blog, or even craft.
Since we last spoke I've moved house again, back out to the country, so it's meant a bit of upheaval for everyone, especially the kids who have all had to start at new schools. But kids are resilient creatures and they've taken it all in their stride and settled in really well - although they have had the odd wobble, and miss their old friends, they have been amazing. Even Scott has commented on what an improvement his new school is.
So we've also had a few birthdays, Faith was 9 in the summer, Scott turned 16 (I know, how the hell did that happen!!) last month and Willow was 11 just the other week and oh boy those hormones are running riot there! Graham's birthday was today, but as he's offshore we celebrated it last week when I had my day off.
We've been incredibly busy at work too, we had our Winter Craft Retreat in September, which was a huge success - so much so that we're almost fully booked for the Spring Retreat, then we had Scraptacular, which was a new venture for us and something we're hoping to develop further for next year, and various classes and wedding exhibitions too.
I have to say, I really enjoy the wedding exhibitions. Its so nice to talk to couples who are all excited about their wedding and hearing about their plans.
Anyway, now that we're pretty much caught up on all my news, I'd love to hear how all of you are in blogland.
So because it's been an age since I shared any crafting I'm going to schedule in some posts featuring the projects I created for the Winter Craft Retreat.
This was one of the first classes I taught at this year's winter retreat - back to using one of my favourite media... alcohol inks.
I used a selection of Adirondack alcohol inks and Letraset inks on a variety of surfaces including glossy card and heat resistant acetate. 
Here's a list of the supplies I used: 
Oyster Contour Card*
Kraft Card*
Black Card*
Diamond White Card*
Heat Resistant Acetate
Glossy White Card
Tim Holtz "Words For Thought" stamps
Tim Holtz "Mini Holidays 5" stamps
Tim Holtz "Paris Memoirs" stamps
Embossing folder
Buttons
Alcohol Inks
Blending Solution
Stickles
Sanding Block
Archival Inkpad
Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia Die
*all produced at Stoneywood Mill and sold at Papeterie Crafts


Designed by Debbi Glennie for the Papeterie Winter Craft Retreat 2015. Copyright of all designs belongs to the designer and therefore may not be replicated for class purposes without written permission.
Thanks for visiting, I appreciate any comments Debz x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

You are the ink Queen Debbi! If only I lived in Scotland!! Hope the kiddies continue to settle into their new schools. Change can be unsettling but can also be awesome! Hope they enjoy their new opportunities. Hugs, Wends x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...