Wednesday 11 September 2019

A study in blue and tan

Good evening folks, back again with the second project from my first day of teaching at the 2019 Winter Retreat.

This project features an mdf book box kit from Madhatters Crafts and loads of Tim Holtz sizzix dies.



Firstly the book box was assembled and painted with chalk paint, while it was drying I cut the following Tim Holtz dies from my favourite Oyster Contour card: Garden Greens, Big Ticket, Butterfly duo and embossing folder. And out of 600gsm board I cut the Caged Bird and the key from Hardware Findings. I embossed the big ticket with a cuttlebone embossing folder, and the butterfly with its corresponding embossing folder then coloured all the die cut pieces (except the key) with Weathered Wood and Tea Dye distress inks. I heat embossed the key on both sides with Stampendous Aged Silver embossing powder. And finally I tied the box closed with some brown seam binding . 

N.B all card and paper used is from 
Papeterie Crafts

Thanks for reading again
Debbi 

No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...