Tuesday 10 September 2019

Back in the saddle

Well wow, what can I say, it’s been a wee while.... life can get so busy sometimes and time passes so quickly. Will stop for a proper catch up hopefully next month as things slow down a wee bit.

But in the meantime I thought I’d share some projects that I taught on the first day of our 6 day long 2019 Winter Retreat. We limited numbers for those choosing to opt for the whole 6 day retreat to give a new experience. At our usual 2 and 3 day Retreats we have a set format of 2 or 3 tutors each teaching 3 classes per day. So to mix it up a bit this time we have a day of me teachers no, a day of Charlotte teaching and a day of Jean teaching. That then leads us back into our normal format for the last 3 days. Teachers no for a whole day means we can be a little more relaxed with timings, and perhaps have some more involved projects than we normally would, as we are not restricted to one and a half hour class durations.

Anyway, before you get bored, I’ll stop waffling on and share my first project with you.

First up was my wrapped journal featuring the Eileen Hull Wrapped Journal scoreboard die from Sizzix (662816)



I also used a couple of Movers n Shapers dies to create the wording and globe to cut into the leather paper that I used to make the wrapped journal.



The wee notebooks inside were made using Oyster Contour card and Parchment paper from 
Papeterie Crafts and coloured with Distress Inks - I used my usual Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed and the spritz and flick technique.

I’ll pop back tomorrow with another project
Thanks for reading
Debbi x

No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...