Wednesday 13 August 2008

Willow in black and white

We were away on holiday to Ibiza in July for a fortnight. It was our first family holiday abroad and took ages to organise as the kids all needed passports and my one needed renewing - but thats a whole other saga! We went to a fantastic complex called the Sirenis Seaview Country Club at the far end of San Antonio Bay. I picked this place as it has so much for the kids to do and also because a friend of ours, Rachel, from our Extra Special Parents website lives over there and I thought it would be nice to meet her after talking online for so long.
One of the features of the complex that i thought was really special was the fact that they have a couple of photographers whp spend the day on the complex taking photographs of everyone in the pool and around the grounds and playgrounds. Right enough, you have to buy the photo's but they also were available to have printed as jigsaws, mugs, t-shirts, bags etc.
Anyway, here are the photographs that we got...
Willow

Willow and Graham
Willow again

I can't wait to scrapbook our holiday pictures, but the first one I really wanted to do was the black and white study of Willow. I have been onto a few scrappy sites to try and get some inspiration as I'm so scared of not doing the picture justice. Some people have suggested pastels and some have suggested bold colours so I'm going to have a bash at both.
Firstly I tried out the pastels, and went for a pink and beige theme - although I haven't added a title yet as I'm stumped there for the moment. But my good friend Marion is coming up this weekend and I'm sure she'll be able to help.
I managed to get Mar hooked on cards and scrapbooking earlier this year - I bet her husband Bobby curses me lol, lets face it, this isn't the cheapest hobby in the world!


edit: here's another attempt at a LO with Willow's b/w photo...

No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...