Thursday 18 December 2008

Quick makes

My bestest chum Pamela (she of the "you're not making MORE gay cards are you" fame) asked me to make a couple of xmas cards for auntie and uncles for her, and I was a bit limited on time - so here are the 2 cards I made in record time.

The stamped images are 2 that was part of the PIF Iwon from Lainy, the snowman one was coloured with watercolour pencils and blended with a waterbrush, and the other image was coloured with Promarkers (seeing as they arrived this morning from Silly Monkey Crafts).

The snowman card was made out of pearlescent grey card, a piece of purple pearlescent card that was embossed with the cuttlebug snowflakes folder, a silver glitter card punched snowflake (dovecraft 3" snowflake), 3 papermania silver snowflake brads, lilac ribbon from papermania sparkly trims.

The 2nd card was again made with pearlescent grey card, and Iused lilac glitter card (DCWV glitter stack)to mat the image and punched snowflake. Lilac trim from the papermania sparkly trims, a papermania snowflake brad and the sentiment on both cards was printed from the pc using a script font.

I also decided to make some pretty tags for Scott's teachers' presents - it wasn't until I had finished them that Irealised their gifts were in body shop gift bags and already had tags attached. Not to worry... I used plain cream tags and stuck on 4"x2.5" panels of core'dinations card that had been run through the cuttlebug in the snowflakes folder (I roughly sanded 2 of them). Then attached a darker brown core'dinations card snowflake (Dovecraft 3" punch) with a turquoise snowflake shape and brad from the papermania metal shapes caddy.

3 comments:

Mar G said...

Ooo love your cards & gift tags :) Well done on colouring your images....They look great!
Have fun with your new Promarkers ;) x

Macpurp said...

i love your tags! I have just started with promarkers and love them now i have got the hang of them!
I am Tina , hoped here from Kath's blog.

cheers
Tina

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Debbi. Glad that you liked the images. Just shout if you'd like some more at any point. :o)

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...