Yesterday was a horrible dreich day in the NE of Scotland, I woke up smoring with the cold, head full of snot and gunk. But there was also a wee ray of sunshine - a wee jaunt out to the fantabulous Simply Create. A few of the DT have already dropped off their creations, and let me tell you.... the photo's really don't do them justice. So if you get the chance to visit Simply Create in person, then do as the samples are even more stunning IRL.
Unfortunately The Boss (Jacqui) had a prior engagement, but I got to spend the morning with 2 of the loveliest ladies I know, the fabulous Anne and Kath. So there was much hilarity, a cuppy and fancy pieces. And of course the purse is a whole lot lighter. :) And a quick hello to the lovely lady we met when I arrived there - didn't catch your name, but it was lovely to meet you.
So I came home with some lovely new trims, Hero Arts stamps and the now famous HUGE buttons. Only one problem with these buttons, my youngest (Faith) has taken a real shine to them and uses them to count with - so I am completely torn... do I encourage my child's development ? ....... or do I steal them back and traumatise her for life? hmmmmmmmm traumatised for life isn't so bad really is it??
Anyway, the kids are off school today and Monday - I was hoping to get away for a wee break this weekend, but I don't see the point in spending a load of money to be somewhere else with miserable weather. So unless the weather improves we'll be right here.
Here's another card that I made with my Simply Create DT kit - every time I sit at my crafty desk I think of something else to make with these fabulous goodies.
I thought I'd try out the Glossy Accents resist technique - I first saw it on Kath's blog and she pointed me in the direction of the tut at Hero Arts. Like all the best things, it's surprisingly simple to do. I stamped the Hanging Trees Hero Arts stamp with Versamark onto kraft card and used white detail embossing powder, then covered the trees with Glossy Accents. After the glossy accents had dried I used Peeled Paint and Chipped Sapphire distress inks to colour the background.
So I trimmed my image to size, cut a square of MME I Believe paper and distressed both with my Tim Holtz distresser. I threaded up 3 red buttons from my kit onto separate lengths of twine and attached these to the topper, tying each button in place with more twine.
Will be back tomorrow with another DT card...