Friday 17 December 2010

Simply Create DT - Glitz Scarlett 2

Back again with some more Simply Create DT creations, as I said before, these papers and things are way out of my comfort zone - but I have loved the challenge of working with things I wouldn't normally have worked with.


So here's an arty pic that I made from a blank frame (also available at Simply Create)
 I sanded the frame lightly to give it a key, then sprayed it (think theres 3 coats) with pewter mica spray - I did the same with the wooden crown shape. I then cut panels of Scarlett Stripe and Scarlett Wallpaper papers to fit inside the frame, then cut the Paper Layer advert at an angle to fit. The kit included some arrows cut from textured black card and some buttons which I arranged around the advert. My favourite Tim Holtz rosette die got yet another airing, and I used Scarlett Stripe paper to make the rosette and added a button and thread from the kit. I also punched a couple of EK Success swirls from the Scarlett Map paper. And finally added 3 adhesive gems to the crown

 Next up I thought I'd make a Bon Voyage card as I thought the Scarlett Map paper was just perfect for this purpose. I overstamped the paper with the Postcard background stamp (it's Glitz designs too) in brown versafine ink. The sentiment is Personal Impressions and I used one of the new Stampin Up border punches on the black textured card.


and yes, we're snowed in, all the schools in Aberdeenshire are closed today - I'm hoping that's not them off now for xmas.
Stay safe and warm folks xx

2 comments:

nnalorac said...

Wow Debz, a real fabby wall hanging. Love it and really like what you've done with your card. Great design paper for the traveller! Snow cold here, keep cosy
Carolxx

Anne said...

Love the wall hanging piccie thing --- hope your keeping cosy and hope to see you soon
Anne xxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...