Saturday 11 December 2010

Simply Create DT - Glitz Scarlett

and now for something completely different :)
Jacqui at Simply Create sent out our new DT kits last week and they are completely different to anything I've ever used before. I love a challenge which is a good job as the papers and stamps are way different to what I would usually use. So, when in doubt - I go simple...


Before I show you what I've made I want to share some Simply Create news with you.. firstly Simply Create has moved to a bigger shop in Alford, you'll find all the info on the blog. And secondly there is a fabulous challenge on the Simply Create blog right now - you still have time to enter before the deadline this Wednesday 15th December, you'll find all the details here - you could be the lucky winner of a set of prismacolor pens PLUS some of the new pre-release Hero Arts 2011 stamps.


The papers are all Glitz Designs - Scarlett, as is the stamp


The blue paper is the reverse side of the Scarlett Wallpaper paper. 
I used my Tim Holtz design ruler to pierce holes in the black textured card every 1/4 inch then used an inkssentials white pen to do the faux stitching. I inked the tag with Faded Jeans distress ink after I had crumpled it up a little and flattened it out again. The stamp was inked with Versamark then heat embossed with white detail powder. Added black Prima e line pearls and blue organza ribbon


 this is a wee pillow box (using a Bigz XL die) made with Scarlett Map paper.  I heat embossed the stamp onto the reverse of the patterned paper and cut out with an oval nestie. I added a black brad and black gingham ribbon.


and I have a cunning plan involving the rest of the kit, so hopefully I'll be back with that soon - if not then it's gone haywire lol
Hope everyone is safe and well


1 comment:

nnalorac said...

Love your colour combo for the card Debz, look stunning together,fab creations. Ooo a bit of suspense in the air!m Look forward to seeing the cunning plan. Carolxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...