Friday 11 March 2011

Simple Skin Tutorial - Dark Skin

Back again with another simple Promarker tutorial, this time I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to get dark skin...
The first thing I've done is dotted some Rose Pink promarker where I think her cheeks are. There's no need to lay down a lot of colour, literally just a few dots is enough.


I have used the Cocoa promarker on the areas I imagine would be in shadow (I have visualised the light coming from the top right). I have used small light strokes to lay down the colour - there's no need to lay down a lot of ink or to be heavy-handed.


The next shade I have used is Cinnamon, and I have used light strokes to colour over the already coloured areas and then further onto the white areas of the skin. This technique blends the 2 shades, you may need to go over the area twice or more until you are happy that there are no hard lines between the 2 shades.


The last colour I have used is Tan and I have coloured over the whole of the skin areas, again repeating until I am happy with the blending. 
If you want to tone the colour down a little, you can colour over the whole skin area with a lighter shade - I suggest Almond, this gives a lighter skin tone similar to a medium/dark suntan.


Supplies:
Pillow Talk by Sugar Nellie
Memento Ink
Stampin' Up whisper white cardstock

17 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fantastic TUT. This is something I have always struggled with and comes juts in time for me as was asked for card for dark skinned girl yesterday.

Thanks soooooooo much (and keep them coming LOL)

Hugs Jane x

Fiona said...

another fab tutorial....mmm need to practice this one...

Fi
x

Beebeebabs said...

Thanks for sharing the tut!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant again - really making me think here which is excellent - shall look out for more colours at the Artstamps show tomorrow as well - hope all goes well at The Papeterie.
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

Once again, thanks for this Debbi. Would you be a treasure and show the finished card so we can see how it looks on the finished article???
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jenny V. said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Wish I have some promarkers. Hope to get some of thses someday.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Thanks for the fab tutorial. I have never tried dark skin before so i has been in awe about how to this. I just baught a KennyK stamp that is perfect for dark skintone so i will be off to try this. Hugs...Mona

Unknown said...

she's gorgeous!!...wish i had a nice tan like that:)...it's perfect for some summer coloring!!...thanks for sharing it!
xoxo

♥Silvana♥ said...

This is very useful too!!! thanks for the tutorial =)

Shazza said...

thanks very much, will have to get time to try this out x

Elaine said...

Loved your tutorials Debbi.
I haven't tried promarkers yet, but I found these informative and very easy to follow, and enjoyed them very much.

Love Elaine xx

Curly said...

Wow Debbi thank you so much for sharing our talent, the tut is brilliant,

Have a great weekend,
Hugz Bridget :0) x

Linda said...

Ooooh Fab Debbie. I must try this out. I`m really getting the hang of the skin tones you showed us how to do when you were in Ellon. Ta very much again xxxx

Sylvia x said...

thanks for this tut...will definitely try this one...x

Jacki Daniels said...

Thanks for this Debbi now I know
Jacki xx

Samantha said...

Wow she looks lovely! I love how you did the cheeks first, I've never thought of that!

Samantha x

Lou Mac said...

What a fab tutorial. I've never been confident enough to even try dark skin - you have made this look so easy! I'll have to give it a try!

xo Lou.

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...