Wednesday 16 November 2011

Bluebird 2

Good afternoon,
back again with the last of my samples for last weekend using the Letraset Flexmarkers.
Yesterday was a busy busy day - had lined up a photo shoot for the kids seeing as they were off school, so we trotted off to Deeside Photographics in Banchory. I'd asked for Logan to do the shoot because he is fantastic with kids, and he always puts everyone at ease. I personally hate my photo taken, and always feel really awkward when asked to smile, but Logan did my engagement and wedding photos many moons ago and my cheeks were hurting with the amount of smiling I'd been doing. So I would highly recommend him - although be warned, he can be a bit cheeky, so if you're easily offended you might want to choose someone else lol
Anyway, Willow did her usual and came over all shy - but Logan managed to coax her into it.
So after that it was home for lunch then off into town for Willow's consultants appointment which ended up taking much longer than I'd planned, but hey-ho.
And then home to wait for my Tesco grocery delivery which never arrived. After a few phonecalls it turns out that the driver fobbed the customer services team off by telling them he was on his way when in actual fact he had already taken the van back to the store! So I had to reschedule the delivery for this morning.
Today has had a little less drama though, some guy from some agency came round to look at the insulation in the loft, so we're going to get more fitted next week. I've had to cancel Willow's hospital tooth extraction appt tomorrow because she's developed a chesty cough, and now Graham has a cold.
Don't ask me what I've done today - it just seems to be a day spent making phonecalls, paying bills and sorting out paperwork.
Anyway, here's a wee cuties to look at...
Image: Bluebirds Proposal - Gorjuss stamp by PI coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers
assorted ribbons and twills all coloured with flexmarkers all woven to make the background.
prima e line flowers, american crafts and papermania pearl brads coloured with flexmarkers

11 comments:

Hlora said...

What a super cute card! LOVE your sweet image and your background made with ribbons!

Janice said...

Lovely cards, & I know how you feel with busy days...and not a lot to show for it! Jx

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous card Debbi, love the woven ribbon background (that's something I've yet to try!). xx

Lorraine said...

aww this is so cute and i do love your colouring huni xx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card and the weaving is amazing...

Kat said...

I love that cute girlie and that woven background is just gorgeous. Don't you just hate these days when you never stop but don't know what you've been doing lol!

Kat xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super again, Love her. Oh my its been one of those days here too today, chasing my tail, Lets hope tomorrow is better!! Hxx

Crafty Loops said...

Ive had one of those, phone calls, paying bills, cancelling appointments sort of days too Debbi! Lets hope tomorrow is a little less disruptive. I love your card, its really lovely. Lee x

Macpurp said...

i adored this card when I saw it on saturday. It is so pretty, and the ribbons are fantastic. great idea to colour them so they all match.

busy day for you. hope everyone is better soon.
love teen x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your use of black & the woven background. I cannot get over how different she is in these colours. Hope Willow improves.
Paula (PEP)

Shan said...

Oh I love what you did with the ribbon background. So very creative.

Hugs
Shannin

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...