Wednesday 28 March 2012

Vintage Chic Cards

Before I get started and forget, Liz asked me about the Promarker Paradise Facebook page - this is my promarker chum Lou's baby and there are loads of resources on the group - links to blogs, tutorials, storage ideas etc and of course somewhere to show off your colouring. Here's the link.
Well it's hump day again and I'm running way behind. I lost a complete day yesterday, I had a migraine which came on first thing in the morning, but I managed to get the kids off to school and I got home before I threw up, so I ended up lying in bed with a pillow over my head to blot out the light all day.
Anyway, am lots better today, so I'm typing this up while I'm eating lunch so that I can get back to making samples for this weekend. 
Today I thought I'd share a couple of the cards from last weekend. This was using the stamps from the magazine kit again..for the Papeterie birthday weekend - remember to pop over to enter their fab birthday blog candy.
 For this card I used one of the free papers from the kit as well as the elegant lady stamp. I used black embossing powder on the white card and white embossing powder on the black card and punched out the circles. I layered the patterned paper onto black card, inked around a doily and added that and some black adhesive pearls.
I'd like to enter this card into...
CAS - ual fridays - pastel & black CAS


 This card was a nice quick and easy card. I coloured a panel of scrap card with Faded Jeans distress ink, then stamped the clock stamp from the magazine kit with Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire. I then stamped some more clocks onto scrap card - some I coloured with Faded Jeans and some I left white. I then punched these clocks out and layered them onto the panel with 3d foam tape. I then added the panel and stamped a greeting onto a shaped card blank (this one is from Craftwork Cards) and attached some seam binding that I'd coloured with distress inks.
I'd like to enter this card into...
Crafty Cardmakers - Time


Thanks for visiting, 
I appreciate any comments 
Debz x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbi how fab, I love the vintage chic and these cards are great well done Hugs Elaine.

Suze Bain said...

Poor you Debz, never had a migraine and hope I never do! Love the little 50's lady, she looks great in the doily. Take care. xx

Laura said...

Wow Debbi those cards are stunning, I especially love the vintage lady card. Very elegant!
Laura xx

Michele Gross said...

Cute card! The doily makes a fun background for your cute lady images :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kat said...

Great cards Debbi. Love the different ideas you've given for using the stamps.

Glad you're feeling better. My aunt used to suffer really badly with migraines when she was younger.

Kat xx

Kay said...

Hi Debbi - thanks for stopping by and visiting :) While I've been gone having my midlife crisis, you've been becoming queen of the promarkers :)
I've stopped by regularly, but I'm usually too lazy to break out of Google reader to leave a comment! Hoping to get back in to the swing and to see more of your gorgeous work!

Dec'sNan said...

Morning Debi
Hope you are feeling better this morning? Thanks for letting me know about the Facebook page and for joining me up.
These cards are just lovely, but then I expect nothing less from you lol.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Liz x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you are fully recovered now, fab vintage cards.

J said...

What a cool card - ideal for a male recipient! I like the way you have coloured the seam binding to tone with the background, it's very effective.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Erika said...

Lovely vintage cards Debbi. Hope you are feeling better today?
Hugs Erika.

Paula (PEP) said...

Migraines are nasty when you wake up with them. Take care recovering. I love the clocks one - I'm working on an Horology idea so had to smile at those. I like the way you've taken some off the edges too.
Paula (PEP)

Meggymay said...

Two beautiful cards, thank you for joining us at CCM this week with your lovely Time card.
Yvonne

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Thanks for the Facebook link!
Both fab creations hun, love the first one tho!
Hope your better now
hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Love the girl image and that doily :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Annette said...

Beautiful cards .
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Annette xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...