Wednesday 13 May 2009

Colouring with Promarkers #2 - Skin (caucasian)

This is a really quick "How to.." as I personally only use 2 colours to do caucasian skin: Ivory and Blush, so lets get down to it. As before I am using the Sitting Gorjuss Girl of set #1 from Sugar Nellie, stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Concord card. 
Ok, firstly here are the 2 colours of promarkers I use...

I colour the skin area with Ivory using a circular motion

Then I add Blush by dotting colour to areas that I think would be in shadow e.g. just below the fringe/hairline, the neck and the top of the arm just below the sleeve as well as areas that would naturally have a bit more colour, for instance cheeks (elbows and knees are other places but not in this particular image)

I then go back over the whole area with Ivory, again in a circular motion in order to blend the colours.

And this is the image so far with the skin and hair done...



To download the tutorial just click on this icon 

10 comments:

Manda said...

I so need to get promarkers! Ok I am off to shop! lol You have cost me a fortune heehee

Katie L Oakley said...

Hiya Debbi,
I hope you dont mind but I have posted a link to your blog on Craft bubble as I think your tutorials are great! :) Please let me know if you do mind and I will remove my post xx

scotspanda said...

ahaaaaa I never thougth of going back over with the ivory! fab tip chick, thanks :o)

lotsalove
Amanda xx

Mar G said...

Excellent!
Very helpful :-)

DawnMarie said...

God I need a lottery win! My list of wants is now the length of my living room! Fab tutorials Mrs, you make it look so easy. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Macpurp said...

this is lovely, you make sure a beautiful job with colouring.
TFS.
love teen xx

Rastlinica said...

Great tutorial, til now i have use one or another- now I will know ;-)))

Anne said...

Thanks for the fab info, so helpful :)

Bea said...

thank you for your fab tutorials
Bea x

Julie said...

Debbie, I am know a proud follower of your blog. I got to it by googling tips on how to colour with promarkers as Ive just bought my first 65 pens and am making a list for more. Im just going through your tutorials, they are fantastic.
Julie x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...