Wednesday 3 August 2011

It's Hump Day

yup, it's hump day - the middle of the week. And now that the end of the summer holidays are in sight, the days seem to be passing it a fantastic rate of knots.


Firstly, can I ask the lady that telephoned and left a message on my answering machine at 10.11am on Tuesday (yesterday) please call me back or email me as the number you left me appears to be a fax machine and I don't want you to miss out on a place.


So I've been challenged on the Sugar Nellie facebook group to do red, orange, pink and purple hair which I'll be showing you over the next few days. Then Cathy put a spanner in the works by challenging me to do pink/purple/orange hair on one image - that's right, one image.


Today I'm going to show you the card I made with red hair - even though this girl has white skin she reminds me of Rihanna.
Image: Strike a Pose from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers
craftwork cards shaped card blank, black, white and red card from The Papeterie, white satin ribbon coloured with promarkers


Those of you with eagle eyes will have noticed that I left the flowers on her shoes and in her hair white - there was a reason for this, I'd planned on adding some bling :)


Anyway, I'd like to enter her into ...
The Sugar Bowl - sketch (entry 2)

16 comments:

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Debbi and the hair is a stunning colour.
Cass xx

Fiona said...

wow Debbi...can't believe how gorgeous this is...really beautiful!!

Fi
x

Andrea said...

Wow Debbi - this red hair is stunning! And your card is beautiful. I look forward to seeing the other colours of hair - I really struggle with colouring hair, so I'm definitely not brave enough to do coloured hair LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card Debz. I love her hair and yes, she does look a bit like Rhianna! Susan xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Your colouring on this card. Gorgeous image and layout.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lorraine said...

this is stunning looking forward to seeing more funky hair colours xx

Unknown said...

Oh Wow!!! Love your coloring, her hair is beautiful, and I love the whole thing, it just, well as my grandkids say YOU ROCK :O)

Paula (PEP) said...

she's a stunner - love the red elements & her hair is quite something. I love that unusual bottom edge of the card & the way the lacey black mat for the image picks up on it. The embosssed circles design picks up beautifully onthe spotty element of her dress - as indeed does the Swiss dots emossing. As for her red platform soles - BRILLIANT!
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

i agree-- she is def a rihanna look-a-like:) love the shiny hair. looks like it should be in a hair commercial! i love your coloring-- can't wait to see what you come up with as far as these challenges go!!:):)
xoxo

Rufus said...

Wow, that hair is gorgeous!!
R/

Anne said...

Fab card Debz . Yup the days are flying in ---- we should stop a while and smell (drink) the coffee lol -- must all meet up again soon
Anne xxx

Sheila said...

Stunning colours! Will be back to see others......Sheila:)X

Shazza said...

wow Debbie this is gorgeous, her hair is amazing x

coops said...

wow, love this debbi.her red hair is fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Suze Bain said...

Wow, she's fab. Love that image, might just have to get that one! xx

Jolanda said...

wow! what a gorgeous card!! I love the way you have coloured the hair - just stunning!!!

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...