Saturday 4 July 2020

Arteza Everblend Markers Review Part Two

Markers

My initial thoughts about the markers; they appear to be really good quality, the barrel is a good sturdy size and being triangular it offers a good, comfortable grip with the added advantage of not rolling away when you place them down – unless you’re on a decent slope obviously :S The white barrel and caps are streamlined and don’t feel cheap or budget in any way, the printing both on the barrel and caps are clear and well done, no smudging and I don’t think they’d be easily removed through normal wear and tear. The ends of the caps are coloured to match the colour of the marker and when they are on the marker there is a narrow line of the marker colour at the bullet nib end – which I think is a great detail, so when the marker is lying flat you get an idea of the colour without having to pick it up needlessly.


As I touched on there, these markers are double ended with one end being a bullet nib and the other a chisel nib – both incidentally can be replaced easily. Being totally honest here, with the type of colouring that I and many other crafters do, I’d prefer a brush nib where the chisel nib is, because I very rarely do use the chisel nib. But I do understand that I’d use that end more if I did more graphic work.

Both types of nibs are replaceable and can be purchased separately.

 Colour

The next thing I did was look for a printable colour chart – unfortunately at the time of doing this review Arteza don’t have this, blank or complete, they have advised that its something theyre working on though. A quick search online, and I found one which I printed off and promptly coloured in – then quickly realised it didn’t suit my needs. So I set about creating my own. This process takes a bit of time and trial and error, but I decided to set the colours out in an order that makes sense to me and roughly follows the format of the colour charts I’ve produced for Promarkers and Flexmarkers in the past. I also set them out in rows of 18 as there are 18 slots in each row of the carry case – yeh, I know, I’m quite anal lol!


So here’s the colour chart I created – if you like it you can download it from here. As per my other colour charts I recommend you print it onto the same paper or card that you normally colour on so you can get an authentic representation of the colours. I thoroughly recommend Conqueror CX22 Diamond White Supersmooth from Papeterie Crafts , it comes in various weights and is manufactured in Aberdeen, Scotland at the historic Stoneywood Papermill.

Colouring the colour chart gave me a good feel for the range of colours, which will blend with which etc. I played around with a few different caucasian skin tones but they all seemed a little peachy for me, so I had to hop back onto the internet and do a little more research.

Part 3 to follow/

thanks for visiting, 
it's always nice to hear what you think so feel free to leave me a comment 
Debz


No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...