Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Tearful Day

yesterday was absolutely manic, but before I tell you all about that, I'm going to show you the birthday card I made for one of my BFF's - Marion, whose birthday was yesterday.

Image: Dressy Ebony digi from TGF, coloured with promarkers.
Paper is MME Pretty Please, card is core'dinations and organza ribbon is Anita's
The greeting is Hero Arts, and the adhesive pearls are kaisercraft



and here's her close up


Ok, so onto the tearful bit...
I dropped Willow and Scott off at school then Faith and I took Pepsi along to the vet as she was booked in to get her baby canine teeth out and also to get spayed. Faith was fine in the vets until I had to hand Pepsi over and I could see the bottom lip quivering. By the time I got to the car there were tears and "mummy, please don't leave pepsi"
Then by the time I took her to playgroup there was full on bawling and snivveling. So I stayed with her a wee while until she calmed down. They told me though, when I picked her up again, that she'd burst into tears a couple of times and had a couple of tantrums.
I have to pass the vets on the way home, and again she burst into tears when we passed and didn't stop. And she pestered me to get Pepsi until I phoned in the afternoon to see how it had gone. Apparently everything was fine and Pepsi had woken from the anaesthetic well.
So then all I heard the rest of the afternoon was "please mummy, please can we go get pepsi"
Well, Pepsi is fine - feeling pretty sorry for herself as she's supposed to keep this silly lampshade on AT ALL TIMES for the next 10 days. She's eating and drinking incredibly well - although i did have to ration her for the first 24 hours.
This is her looking particularly sorry for herself....

9 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Oh Mum do I really have to wear this daft lampshade....hugs kath xxxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh poor little girl! Those eyes say it all. I remember when we took Vince in to be "done", the accusatory looks were heartbreakers! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Dianne said...

I love your story. Aren't your little furbabies the sweetest ever. The more I look at the picture and her eyes it is like she is saying "HELP ME - HELP ME".

Oh, beautiful card for you friend. I know she must have loved it.

Ruthie said...

Oh the shame of it all....you are such a meanie mummy!!!

Rx

Angela said...

Pepsi is soooooooo adorable, and I hope she is feeling better xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Ooooh...Pepsi says it all.....!!.......what a very cute story and an equally cute, but very stunning card...xx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Poor princess Pepsi & bless little Faith, must admit....I bawl when I leave one of my furbabies at the vets, for anything and I am a grown up.......allegedly!!!!

Hugs

Sarah

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Aw bless them both. I always think dogs look so sorry for themselves with that round their necks. They must wonder what on earth it is. Love the card, beautifully coloured as always and such a great image. Marianne x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Poor Pepsi does not look amused at all :-)
Such a cute card Debbi. Don't know where you find time for all the blogging.

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...