Sunday 14 February 2010

A week of operations

well this week turned into a bit of a week for operations, as you already know, Pepsi had her operation on Tuesday, then my dad phoned me to say he was going in to hospital on Thursday and having his operation on Friday. My dad had a heart attack near the end of November last year and had been scheduled to have his operation at the beginning of January but it was cancelled as he had a cold.
So on Friday morning my dad had a triple heart bypass operation.
And I'm pleased to say it went very well, I was in to see him last night and he looks incredibly well. It was a bit distressing to see him all hooked up to monitors, drips, drains, catheters and pumps. I think he had 4 canulas in as well as a central line and he had an oxtgen mask on too. Mum phoned me this afternoon and he's got the drains out and is able to move around now so he's a lot happier. Its such a relief I can tell you. My dad is only 67 and has been active all his life.
Anyway, here's the quick get well card I made for him.
Image: Nurse Anya from TGF coloured with promarkers, cardstock is all core'dinations (panels embossed with swirls folder in cuttlebug), paper is Papermania capsule collection. octagon and scallop octagon nesties were used to cut the image, mat and greeting mat. Greeting is Hero Arts.
and her close-up...

Its half term here at the moment, the kids were off on Friday and they are off this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday too. Today we mostly had a lazy day, the kids were all playing with their DS and DSi's .....



Willow was playing with Faith's fisherprice World of Little People...

And Pepsi was none too impressed with her lampshade...


And I was spoiled again for Valentine's Day, Graham got me these beautiful roses and lilies, a box of Thornton's choccies and that funny balloon - which pepsi absolutely hates and keeps barking at.

6 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Hi Debs, so glad to hear that your Dad has came through his big op well, I'm sure his 'sexy nurse' card will cheer him up no end. Poor pepsi, do you think she'll pick up sky tv with her satellite dish?? But glad all went well. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debbi I am glad that all is going well with your dad my mum had an operation last year and had a pacemaker fitted but she is 90 and doing well. Love your card that image is fabbylicious love the embossing on the squares.....take care.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kat said...

You have had a bit of a week Debbi! Glad to hear your Dad's doing well and of course wee Pepsi. They always hate these lampshades don't they. We once had a cat that went so completely nuts we had to take it back off him! Bet your Dad will be really chuffed with his card.

Kat xx

Emma said...

Hi Debbi
What a relief for you that your dad is doing well and such a gorgeous card you made for him. Fab pics of the kids, they are defo chilling and aw bless Pepsi.
Hugs Emma x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lovely card Deb, so glad your Dad is on the mend.

Hugs

Sarah

Caryn said...

PMSL laughing at your daughter lying on the worktop with her DS!! Those pictures could have been taken at our house too - the rest of the world doesn't exist once they get on those things!!
Wishing your dad a speedy recovery too - what a scare!! I don't know what I'd do if my dad got ill.

This card will surely brighten his day.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...