Wednesday 4 August 2010

Blog Candy Additions

Well this is the tail end of Day 10 of no smoking - woke up this morning and coughed my lungs up, so I assume that must be doing me some good :S
But in general I'm feeling good - am constantly thrilled that things are tasting different to me, and the better sense of smell is a bit of a double-edged sword lol

Today was a bit of a busy one - drove out to Banchory this afternoon sso my sister-in-law could cut mine and the girls' hair. Tell me something, why is it that you don't realise how many grey hairs you have until you sit under the blaring lights and in front of that huge mirror at the hair salon. I am so going to have to dye my hair more regularly. 

Well I have lists of things to do before we go on holiday on Saturday - and I've even ordered my Tesco shopping for the day after we get home lol Am off tomorrow morning to get my legs and eyebrows waxed and am treating myself to a pedicure while I'm at it. Then it's off to pick Graham up from the heliport - weather permitting. Mum is watching the kids for me while I go and get hairless :) so no doubt I will come home to the house being a bombsite, then she's taking Pepsi home with her. Pepsi has her holidays at my mum and dad's house, and if last time was anything to go by she'll be thoroughly ruined.

I hadn't forgotten to tell you about the blog candy additions - if you haven't already entered then here is the link to enter. I noticed that I have 494 followers and just over 47,250 hits so..... if I get 500 followers before the closing date I'll add some rubber stamps to the stash and if I reach 50,000 hits I'll through in some 12x12 paper pads and whatever else I might have lying around.


16 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Debbi

Just wanted to say good on you for sticking with it and hope you have a wonderfully relaxing holiday.

Hugs Ali x

Fiona said...

good for you to stop smoking...just think of the money you will save and you can buy lots more crafting goodies.


fi
x

Kath Stewart said...

have a great holiday and look forward to a meet up when you get back....big hugs kath xxx

Loz said...

Way to go Debbi!! Glad to hear you're feeling great! What an inspiration you are, especially to your children! Good luck ♥

Marjo said...

Ditto on the hightened sense of smell being a double edge sword...lol Good luck with your quest and have a great holiday. Thanks for adding more yummy candy too.

Hugs Marjo

Lorraine said...

hi hun you are doing brilliantly not smoking keep up the good work i wish i had your wilpower and have a wonderful holiday with the family and i look forward to your return xx

Julye said...

Well done you , 10 whole days give yourself a pat on the back a big hug and a treat. Keep up the good work and enjoy your holiday.

cowboydutrem said...

Good luck for continuing not smoking! With the better sense off smell, you'll also get the better sense of taste, and that is a life changing thing!

Annie said...

Have a fab holiday - not long to mine either.
Ann xxx

Larisa said...

Good luck for continuing not smoking! ))) This is really important for everyone's health)))

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun you are doing so well, & yeah I remember the sense of smell..hubbys feet yuk!!! but I could taste bacon for what it was and it was damn yummy lol
sending you huge hugs hunnie keep it up shell xx

Ms. Jen said...

So glad to hear your still on track! Way to go. Have a fabulous time on holiday. Enjoy your time.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done on the no smoking, keep it up. Holiday will be a testing time no doubt but we are all behind you. Have a fab hol. Marianne x

Dawn Edwards said...

Best of luck with quitting smoking it's no easy task to complete. I just wanted to Congratulate you on the 500th follower. It was me Hooray! I'm kinda sad it took me so long to find your blog but happy I was #500. You have beautiful artwork I can't wait to see more!

Rufus said...

Congrats on doing so well, followers, hits and smoking cessation! You go girl!!
R/

MagsB said...

HUGE Congrats on sticking to the smoking ban! It's not easy, and you are being brilliant. Have a fab holiday!

luv, Mags x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...