Monday 2 August 2010

Day 8

Sorry for the delay in posting - I don't know where the time goes, I haven't got any crafting done, my days seem to consist of washing, cooking and cleaning and not a lot else at the moment.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of every day pics with you. As you know it was Pepsi's birthday on Friday, so here's a pic of her when we got her and some pics of her on her birthday...

God only knows what she'd found to chew, but she always manages to find something.
Here's a pic of some of the koi in the pond coming up to eat...

And this last one is for my other half's benefit - we finally got the fence and gates done and he hasn't seen them cos he's offshore. So Graham, this is what they look like....

yes, Pepsi had to sneak into the photo lol

Well, it's coming to the end of day 8 of my stop smoking campaign, I haven't been tempted - in fact it's been far easier than I thought it would be. In saying that, I'm not repulsed by the idea of having a cigarette, so I still have to be careful. I've bought plenty of gum and have various little tricks to take my mind off it when the cravings hit, but I'm getting there and I'm actually quite chuffed with myself.
Graham's been taking the Champix tablets while he's been offshore and I think this his 3rd day without a fag too - so I'm so chuffed with both of us. And will start putting the money we're saving away in the holiday bank account.

On another note, is anyone out there interested in being on one of the coolest design team's around? Well get yourself over to Simply Create and have a go at entering Jacqui's design team call. Simply Create is just fabulous - it's also a favourite haunt of local craft royalty - Oor Kath :) If you are ever in the North East of Scotland - you really need to give Jacqui a visit, I can guarantee you won't be disappoined (although you'll probably leave a lot poorer lol)

And if you haven't already entered - remember to enter my 2nd Blogaversary Candy celebration.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Pepsi, she's adorable, the pond looks brill, we had one in our last house, I miss it so much! Great stopping the fags, it will get easier with time!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Well done Debbi :)!!! You are doing so well!

Aww pepsi is soo cute!

Karen Lewis said...

Hi Debbie,

Pepsi looks a right sweetie, and I'm glad you posted the koi photo - it has reminded me I have to feed our wee fishies as the OH is out till late.

Pleased to hear you are doing so well on the quitting smoking front - just think of all that holiday lolly! :-)

We are spending a couple of weeks in Aboyne in a few weeks time - hopefully there will be a duff gliding day or two and I can persuade the OH to take me to Simply Create. If only I'd known about it in the last 4 years or so - another craft shop to put on the itinerary. :-)

Regards,

Karen

Bev said...

Ahh what a precious little angel she is, and hasn't she grown. She's so pretty. Happy birthday Pepsi.

Her markings are very similar to my Madisons, she has a white heart shape on her back. She curls her lip just like my Toby used to do - the photos are just brilliant Debbie, thanks for sharing x

Anonymous said...

Love the gates, I thought he was going to paint them Green ...... and how long does everyone think it will take Debz to demolish these ones.... lol

Rufus said...

Happy Birthday to Pepsi! Congrats on doing so well with your campaign to quit smoking! Well done to you!
R/

Ms. Jen said...

Awww, Pepsi is soooo totally adorable! Love that puppy pic. I'm so proud of you for making it this far. Way to go girl!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wooohoooo Oh hun I think your doing really well....
as for Pepsi awww she is just gorgeous
hugs shell xx

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hi Debz, Pepsi is the cutest ever, I could give her a BEEG kiss! But you will have to do that for me. The fish are huge, my goodness.

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...