Tuesday 21 April 2009

I am soooooooooooooo upset!!

As you know, Graham and I started up a support website for parents and carers of children with additional needs, and in January we gained charitable status from the Office of Scottish Charities Regulator. I contacted the local press to let them know and they only got back to me about it last week. So I told the reporter all the info she needed, a wee bit of back story, what our hopes are for the site, what the charitable status means for us etc etc. 

They were sending a photographer out on Saturday morning to take pics of us all, but I called and asked them to reschedule as Scott was at his dad's on Saturday and they said they would get back to me. BUT they didn't bother, they ran the story in last night's Evening Express and I'm so upset, and quite a bit angry too.

They got a lot of the information wrong, didn't mention a lot of the important information I gave them, and the final slap in the face was the fact that they used a picture they had taken 2 years ago of Willow and I. Now you might be thinking - hey that's not so bad really - but the photo was taken after Graham's bank card was cloned and they ran a story about it and the photographer had told me to look p***ed off and angry. SO its hardly the best picture to encourage potential members to join the website as I look like this awful bad-tempered harridan. 

I have also been told that the city edition of the paper didn't include the website address - so that was a complete waste of time.

Needless to say, I'm busy composing a rather acerbic email to the reporter and the editor.

10 comments:

Beckie said...

Kick Butt Debs, that is shocking!

Sparkle and Flourish said...

I'm sorry they did not run the article properly. What a shame! Pop round for coffee sometime and I'll, stamp you some Anyas!!
Judy x

Manda said...

You go give them hell! And people wonder why journo's have a bad reputation! They are so blooming LAZY!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Debs, I did see if bit in the paper and i have to agree the photo is not the best one, and you're right we get the city final and no the website address wasn't mentioned in our paper, in fact it doesn't even name if, so you would probably never find it.

Macpurp said...

this is rubbish! what was the point in them even writing anything down??

i hope the sort this out.
love tina xx

Kath Stewart said...

oh Debs...big hugs from me....what a waste of time they are...hopefully your e-mail to the Ed might get results....Kath xxxxx

Rita said...

Hi debs, I have just read your post and that is awful to say the very least. Hope you give them h.... Hugs Rita xxxx

Max said...

Oh Debs ... no wonder you're livid.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Anonymous said...

That is awful Debs, hope that you get some results from you letter.. big hugs rachxx

DawnMarie said...

Hi Debs, sorry I've not been about for a few days. Really rips my knitting that! Silly blimmin reporters. They should print out an apology and post the website address. You give them hell girl!!!. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...