Thursday 22 October 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Gina!!!!

yay its our boss at Passion for Promarkers, Gina's 40th birthday today! woohooo
and all of us on the team have been sneaking around for weeks organising something special for her, so I'm hoping she has it by now and will be posting it on her blog today. 

This is the card I made for her, and I'm actually quite chuffed with it, I was going to be evil and plaster a huge 40 on it, but then I decided not to in case she sacked me lol 
Oh did I mention that she's 40 today?  haha, she is so gonna kick my bum lol

 Image; WS Dahlia from TGF, coloured with promarkers; Tan, Caramel, Cocoa and Umber for her hair, Blush for her skin, Mulberry and Plum for her tights, Pink Carnation, Fuchsia, Cerise and Amethyst for her clothes and flowers.
The image and mat were cut using labels 9 nesties in the cuttlebug, all papers are Basic Grey Bittersweet, and the branches and mat are also cut from the same paper. The flowers were made with EK Success retro flower punches from the Bittersweet papers, and I punched the petals of the large flowers with the MS doily lace border punch. Which I also used to punch the edges of the papers on the left. The flower centres are craftwork cards card candy. The greeting is Daisy & Dandelion and the gems are coloured with cerise promarker.

Here's a close up of Dahlia and the flower...

10 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Aw a super cute card Debs, I'm sure Gina will love it and not result in a kicked bum lol. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Kat said...

I think Gina will love this card Debbi, it's beautiful.

Kat x

Jackie said...

Beautiful card as always Debbi.

I've just added your blog candy to my side bar. You might want to check mine out cos I have candy on offer too :)http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
This card is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and the Martha Stewart border lace is exquisite. I love the flowers - they are something else.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Great card Debz. I love those flowers.

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card Debbi,

Love all the details, Gina will love it.

Hugs

Sarah

Natalie said...

Debbi this is beautiful. I bet Gina loved it. x

Gina said...

You bugger, I aint gonna forget I am 40 with you about am I LOL, i have to say though, the card is a lot better in real life and I am not saying that is is not nice in the pic, so dont go there madam :)
Thank you Deb for everything
MWAH :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Debbi, love the colours you've chosen, I'm sure Gina loved it.
Barbara

Mira said...

This is really beautiful, just love those colours :)

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...