Thursday 15 October 2009

Money Money Money

must be funny, in a rich man's world - yup, I just know you're singing along with me lol

the reason for the title of today's post is that I've been doing some spending. On Tuesday I had a wee jaunt out to see the lovely Jacqui at Simply Create in Alford - and wow!! there's so much new stock since I was last there.  So I just had to pick up one of her gorgeous pink and white baskets and fill the thing didn't I. Oh to have an endless supply of money, I could just go daft in there. Simply Create is a boutique-y (is that a word?) type craft shop and the decor is all black white and hot pink and its an absolute joy to browse - Jacqui has pics of the shop here, but its far more scrummy in real life. 
I thought I'd share a wee pic of what I treated myself to...

 Then the other day I had a bit of a brainwave, it occurred to me that the nights have already started to draw in early and the light is pretty carp, so I thought I'd try a photo-tent. I found one on Amazon for under 15 quid, nice neat size - 12" cube (30cm cube if you're all modern and metric). I just happened to have a couple of £5 Amazon vouchers so it has cost me less than a fiver. 
So I took another pic of my PfP DT card for this week, in the photo tent so that I could compare them, what do you think?

Which one do you think looks better? Its maybe not the best example to show you, but I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Right, its almost time for one of Willow's bowel washouts - oh joy!, so I'd better love you and leave you til the morn.

7 comments:

helencreaty1 said...

oh waw you bought a lot of pretty papers and stuff, =O ,i also spend money buying boxes ,painting ,ribbons and stuff, i am sure you ll make more beatiful cards whit your new acquisition, and answering to your question,for me the first one looks better beacuse it has( shows )
more light than other,( sorry for my englihs =). well ,have a nice day ,

hugs
helen

Kath Stewart said...

oooh...I am so jealous...I think I will be popping out on Monday...do I see some hero arts stamps in that delish pile....and the jury is out on your card....I think they are both fine....big hugs kath xxxxx

Loz said...

I'm super jealous! I want Christmas goodies too.....!
I actaully think the 2nd (tent) shot is better as the eye is drawn directly to the card rather than the bold colour around it - although I agree with Helen, the light isn't actaully as good...hmmm. Sorry, probably not much help! Super cute card anyhow!!

Mary said...

I agree with Helen. I think the first one looks better.

Mary

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hi Debbi,
I'm still tired, but I looked and looked at the two pics and I think the one on the right looks better. It looks a little less washed out.
It's a cute card though, and I'm jealous of the the shopping. But if I was there I would probably have filled two baskets, so well done, lol!!
take care
Meahni

Gina said...

oh look at all your goodies :( I am not jealous in the slightest. I prefer the top pic haha, just thought I would throw you that curve ball :)
hugs Gina xxx

Caryn said...

Erm, TMI with the bowel details hun!! lol

This is a fab card, I adore the stamp - haven't seen that one before. I was wondering where you get a photo tent from - wouldn't mind one of those myself (have asked hubby for an OTT lite for my birthday as light is a BIG issue where I sit and craft). I think the colour looks richer in the first picture TBH but I like how there is more focus on the second one IYKWIM? Was that any help at all? lol

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...