Tuesday 23 November 2010

Cardmaking & Papercraft Cardmaker of the Year

I have never entered any of these magazine competitions before but quite fancied the look of this one because it worked a little differently. There were loads of different categories, one of which being my very favourite Scottish stamp company Sugar Nellie. So I thoughht I'd send in a few entries just for the experience.
Well obviously I didn't win anything and wasn't placed in any of the categories but I thought I'd share the cards I sent in with you now.
And the most exciting bit for me is I got a Highly Commended for the card I entered into the Joanna Sheen category. It's just a wee mention near the bottom of the page here. So this is the card that got the wee mention...




will post some more cards over the next few days.

8 comments:

Janice said...

Debbie this looks like a winner to me, it's brilliant. Love how you've layed out the card & done the ribbon. Well done on getting highly commended. Jx

Cards By MI said...

Really cute! Love how simple and yet worked it looks.
xMarie

Lorraine said...

WHAT you should of won this is gorgeous i love this stamp its lush i was going to enter but ran out of time good job i didn't as i would never have won if you didn't as your work is totally awesome your a winner in my eyes too xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi debbie,
This is a fabulous card. Really gorgeous - no wonder it was commended. Brilliant work. Well done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

LorraineM said...

Congratulations on your commendation. Lovely card.

Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful card, I love the way you've done the ribbon. xxx Carol

nnalorac said...

Look here girl! Get enough cheek from my Son's partner Kelly without you starting!!! All I can say, don't know talent when it's right under their noses! Yummy card Debby,Carolxx

Macpurp said...

well done you! this is so pretty!

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...