Monday 15 November 2010

Simply Create DT - MME Holly Jolly

Well I finally got around to creating with the lovely kit Jacqui sent me from Simply Create this month. It made a refreshing change actually not to have anything to colour in :)


I decided to go CAS seeing as the papers are so very pretty...


 I used the Holly corner and large bauble and greeting stamp from the MME Holly Jolly stamp set all the papers are MME Holly Jolly. I paper-pieced the bauble and added glamour dust then covered with glossy accents
 I love this deer paper, it's so masculine. I embossed the greeting and deer stamps with white detail embossing powder onto Kraft card


 This one was a wee bit more work... I stuck the 4 snowflakes from the stamp set onto my shiny new Fiskars Stamp Press (thankyou Kath) then randomly stamped them with versamark onto some white card, and embossed with white detail powder. I then coloured over the whole area with Bundled Sage distress ink, then over stamped the snowflakes again with the Bundled Sage. I used an EK Success border, more paper from MME Holly Jolly, the beautiful lacy trim and the greeting from the set. All supplies available at Simply Create
 I've been trying to do this Finnish star for ages, and it is so easy to do - all I used was 12 x 1" strips of MME Holly Jolly paper.
I also added a Tim Holtz rosette and I covered the circle in the middle first with rock candy distress stickles then with a layer of glossy accents.
Pop on over to the Simply Create blog to see all the other fabulous ideas from the rest of the DT.

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbie,
These are all wonderful creations. Such a magnificent gallery you have produced.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Auntie Em said...

Love your cards! CAS was certainly best with those gorgeous PPs. And the ornament is lovely.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

LorraineM said...

Love the snowflake x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous work Debbi! Love the hanging decoration1 Stunning!

Hugs Judy xx

scotspanda said...

hey chick gorgeous makes! love that star, might have to find the instructions for that and make some decs :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

MagsB said...

Fab cards and the star is wonderful!

luv, Mags x

nnalorac said...

Loved working with these papers, made lovely cards and yours no exception Debbi. Especially loved the star, looks great hanging from your window. Carolxx

nnalorac said...

Sorry Debbi, had a problem with updating my candy date and lost the post. hope you will leave a new comment on new post and delete previous piccy. Sorry what a numpty am I! xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...