Friday 22 October 2010

How to..... Red Hair

Hi again,
2 tutorials in 2 days eh? well I'll just get right down to business and not stand around chatting :)


I have started off by stamping the image ( Bear Hug Gorjuss Girl from Sugar Nellie ) with Memento Tuxedo Black onto smooth notebook from The Papeterie

The first (and darkest colour) I'll be using is Chestnut. Using light strokes I colour the areas that will be darkest, eg at the roots and behind her head.

I then take Terracotta and lightly stroke the nib over the darkest areas and further into the white areas, I have also coloured dips in her waves which I imagine to be darker.

I have taken the Spice (again in light strokes) over all the previously coloured areas and feathering out slightly into the white areas. By colouring over the areas that have already been coloured you are blending the shades together)
 I then repeated the above process with Ginger, but forgot to take a photograph. Then I coloured over all the hair (including ALL the white) with Oatmeal. 

As the pale colours bleach out a little of the darkest shades I have touched up the very darkest areas at the roots and behind her head with tiny strokes of chestnut to give the hair a little more depth. So here's the finished image...


Thanks again for looking and I hope I've helped.

4 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wooohooo!! thank you hun, she looks fab! gonna have to have a play!!
hugs shell xx

Anne said...

Another great tutorial Debbi ! Have a good demo day tomorrow
Anne xxx

janette.tay said...

Wow thanks Debbie, you are just wonderful sharing your skills - thank you.

Can't make Aberdeen today, but will be first in the queue at your stand in the SECC.

Caroljenks said...

Fantastic!

Thanks, for a fab tutorial :)

Carol x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...