Tuesday 5 October 2010

It's been a while.. lots of excitement

Yup, slap my hand for being a naughty blogger again, I have no idea where the time goes. Especially now that Graham's offshore again, my days just seem to pass in a blur of playing taxi driver/maid/nurse/chief-cook-and-bottle-washer. And before I know what I'm doing it's after midnight and time to hit the hay.


Last week I did have a wee indulgence though and popped in past to see Kath for a very brief catch up with her and Anne seeing as I was over that side of town anyway dropping Graham off at the heliport. And I'm off this morning for a wee jaunt over to see the NE's most famous crafter again and the most handsome Buddy, and to pick up the goodies I'll be using for my upcoming promarker class.


Before I forget again, if any of you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) who read my blog and live within travelling distance of Simply Create are interested, I will be demo-ing the Letraset Promarkers and possibly even the Aquamarkers on Saturday the 27th November between 10am and 12.30pm. After a wee break for lunch I'll then be doing a very special class featuring promarkers and some seasonal Sugar Nellie stamps - but places are filling up fast for the class, if you fancy joining me don't leave it too late to book your place, I can't guarantee there will be any spaces left on the day. To book your place just contact Simply Create or email me and I can point you in the right direction.


So, are you wondering if I've actually been creating anything lately? well the answer is yes, I have but my work desk is in complete disarray with various stamped images in various stages of completeness (is that a word?) BUT...
I got a message on Sunday evening from a customer asking me if I'd be able to make a birthday card for her youngest daughter's 14th birthday - the brief was: clothes, dance, hip-hop or similar!
well at the mention of hip-hop, I immediately thought of the style of Kenny K - so hopped over there yesterday morning and picked out a couple of suitable images, bought and downloaded them.. then disaster struck, my laptop decided it had no clue what kind of files they were, it had no programs that could open them argh!! But not to panic, I emailed Kenny and Elena and they sorted the problem out quick smart. As soon as I got Willow home from school I printed off the images, gave 3 to Willow and Faith to colour in (to keep them quiet) and left my one beside the laptop so that I could get cracking with the card itself. Now normally I would've coloured the image first, but I had 15 minutes until the carer comes to help me with Willow's bowel washout. So I put together the card, did Willow's washout, went out to get Scott from lego club, came back, (realised the girls had pinched my image and coloured it so had to print it out again) coloured and attached the image all in record time. So a super-duper quick card, but I think it worked out quite well, what do you think?


 Image: Mad Skillz from KennyKDownloads, coloured with promarkers
papers are all Basic Grey Lime Rickey and the greeting is from Craftwork Cards
Here's her close-up, isn't she just too cool for school!
I'd like to enter her into the following challenges....
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Happy Hour (the papers are called "fuzzy navel", "fruit fizz", "shirley temple" which are all cocktails)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge - Open
Stamp Something - celebrate something
Paper Sundaes -  something from your stash (BG papers)


Have more exciting news tomorrow... watch this space!

7 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

wow super cool and great colouring...you are so talented with those PM's.....kettle is boiling and the Furry Boy is looking out the window....be warned a big Buddy hug coming your way....see ya soon...hugs kath xxx

Max said...

Wish I could manage to the demo but not driving at the moment. I know exactly what you mean about time flying past in a blur - might be something we offshore worker wives all suffer from LOL!
Super funky card - papers are perfect as is the colouring.
Just wanted to applaud you for your continued success with the nasty weed! Awesome!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card Beddi! Love the funky colours! Those images are just too fab! Love it!

Hugs Judy xx

Me said...

Beautiful card,love your coloring.

Grtzz Marjon

jenny said...

Stunning card! I love the funky image and your colouring looks fabulous x

Jenny xx

Fiona said...

Debbie...beautiful card and your colouring is amazing.Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Faye said...

This is a lovely zingy card with fabby colouring. x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...