Wednesday 24 September 2008

Yay - I got one! - Scallop Punches R Us

A wee parcel arrived today..... in fact I forgot I had ordered it the other day, the lovely Angela from Angel Crafts sent my order: 2 journalling stamps and the infamous threading water scallop punch from Fiskars, woohooooooo! Now I just need to get some peace to play with them lol
I also just wanted to say that Angela puts that wee bit extra into her packaging, the stamps and punch were wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon - freebies! YAY!
Right after I ordered the punch from Angel Crafts (and I hunted all over the internet for it) I noticed I had received an email from the lovely folks at Craft Obsessions letting me know they now had stock of the Fiskars Threading Water punch - so if you want one, you better be quick!

Decided yesterday that I didn't like a couple of the layouts I did for our holiday scrapbook - the one of Scott, Graham and the owls, and the macaw & cockatoo one. So I pulled them apart and managed to re-do the Owls one. I am definitely favouring the simpler style, the previous one was far too busy and unco-ordinated for my mathematical brain lol I do think my journalling needs a bit of work though - I seem to have a mental block when it comes to thoughts and feelings or even witticisms

I used some Cosmo Cricket - Honey Pie paper and ribbon, Papermania Secret Garden acetate (inking the edges), a journalling spot from the Bo Bunny Beau Jardin sheet, chipboard letters (inking them to give them more definition) from the K&Co Wild Saffron range and some green and gold coloured adhesive stones to pick out random owls eyes on the acetate.

I have also finally got round to making up Rachel's care package. Rachel is a lovely friend of mine who lives in Ibiza with her 3 gorgeous children. We "met" through the Extra Special Parents website and met for real this summer when we had our holiday in Port d'es Torrent. I made up a wee mini book for her as a memento of our visit (early version in August posts) and have been adding to it when the mood took me. Rachel and the kids are flying over to Wales next month to see her family, so I've also enclosed 3 Scotland woolly hats for the kids to wear when they come over. I added in a copy of Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (the book) - I believe the film is out in the cinema just now, but I'm not brave enough to go and see it because I know I will bawl. And I'll have to get some sugar-free sweeties for Aidan and Galaxy chocolate for Rachel, Ana and Emily.

No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...