Tuesday 11 January 2011

Simply Sassy Calendar

I'm not one to make New Year Resolutions, but I have decided that I'm going to try my best to enter a select few challenge blogs on a regular basis this year. So of course The Sugar Bowl has to be top of that list of selected challenges as where would I be without my favourite Sugar Nellie stamps.


I made this calendar yesterday for the SFL teacher who runs the Lego Club that Scott goes to. Scott absolutely loves going, and I think every school/community should have a Lego Club. Anyway, she was over the moon with it.


 Image: Hippie Chick from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers.
Papers are Cosmo Cricket Earth Love, cardstock is all core'dinations, lace from Angel Crafts, card candy from Craftwork Cards
Here's a close-up to show you the image in more detail and also the embossed panel under it.


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Sugar Bowl - sketch plus embossing
The Crafty Calendar Challenge - new beginnings (new year)
Cupcake Craft Challenges - something new (new year)


10 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debbi, what a stunning calendar card. I love the new image and your colouring is awesome. Gorgeous papers too. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Fabulous image and colours on this fantastic calender. Brilliant easel design.
Hugs,
Fiona x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Wowzers, the colouring just gets better & better, fantastic calender hun. I decided to make at least one card a week, I know what you mean about challenges, there are a handful I would love to participate in every week, need to make more me time!! Look forward to seeing more creations this year.x

Anne said...

Love the calendar Debbi - the image and your colouring skills are fab.
Catch up soon
Anne xxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous calendar!!

Maria Therese said...

Oh I forgot.. and thanks for entering the Sugar Bowl!!

Juls said...

wow this is fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Fiona said...

stunning creation Debbi...who wouldn't love that displayed on their desk??

fi
x

Jenni said...

Fab calendar, the image is gorgeous and the design of it is so clean and fresh, perfect for a new beginning. Thanks so much for joining in with this month’s challenge at Crafty Calendar.
Jenni x

Laila said...

brilliant, i love the idea of the easel-card as a calendar - i might borrow this idea ^_^

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...