Friday 29 May 2009

New Craft Shop Opening

Well, I'm off on a jaunt tomorrow to Alford (Aberdeenshire) for the opening of Simply Create - the brand new craft shop. It opens at 10am, for anyone else who wants to have a nosey and the address is 1 Greystone Road, which is just at the fork at the Haughton Hotel. The owner, Jacqui is also laying on champagne and cupcakes - as if we needed any more of an incentive to go craft shopping :)

Can't wait to see it - who can resist crafty shops??

And the other good news I heard this week is Hobbycraft are opening a store at the brand new Union Square shopping mall in Aberdeen. The best bit about that news is its right beside the train station so i don't have to mess around taking the car in and trying to get parked in their massive multi-story car park.

Anyway, I will be back later tomorrow to let you all know about Simply Create.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debz, i heard that rumour too, just wasn't sure if it was right or not, hopefully it is right, how good would that be, 20minutes and i'd be there, have to drive but hey that don't bother me in the least, could do the bus i suppose cause that is right next door too.
Don't know about Alford tomorrow this weekend is one of those where everything happens at the same time, then there will be nothing for weeks and weeks. If I fail to get to Alford this Sat, i'll take mum over next Saturday instead for a nose around.

Michelle said...

A|ww your so luck, i'm working tomorrow so can't make it. My friend Karen is however going. She's been feeling down cause she's been house bound due to an ankle injury so she's decided to go and visit Simply Creat withe her uncle who's offered to drive her. I'm so jealous LOL

ANyway have lots of fun and don't have too much bubbly

Huggles
Michelle
xx

Anonymous said...

Alford too far for me, and i'm busy tomorrow with my local fibromyalgia support group meeting. I am really excited about the new Hobbycraft store opening, be so good to have a craft shop in the centre of town again, i'm just hoping it's nice and big with lots of choice.

I haven't been in a craft shop for ages, most of my crafty shopping is done online, lol.

Hope you have a great time, and have a glass of champers for me, and don't forget to treat yourself to some new stash, can't leave a craft shop empty handed, now that would be a sin.

Enjoy the weekend
Suzi
xxx

Beckie said...

Have a great day, looking forward to hearing about it :)

Mar G said...

Woohoo - Finally a Hobbycraft for you all in Aberdeen! :-) x

Mar G said...

Hobbycraft is good but I still think you'll favour 'Simply Create' & 'The Papeterie'?! ;-)

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...