Monday 12 January 2009

Cards for Willow's friends

Willow has a wee spate of birthday parties to go to - I tell you, these kids have a far better social life than I do. So I thought I'd make birthday cards for her wee friends, just to be a bit different. 

For the girlie one I used one of the Lilly images from Grab-a-doodle-do which was coloured using my trusty promarkers - I also had a bash at using the new papermania glitter flock powders on the bodice and I'm pleased with how well that worked. The papers are Basic Grey Eva, the scallop circle is cut from core'dinations card. Dovecraft ribbon and an Anita's peel off greeting. Image and scallop circle cut with nesties dies.

The boys ones were Alfie images from Grab-a-doodle-do again, the green paper peeking out at the back is basic grey eva again, the striped paper is from the new papermania spring burst collection, as is the green spotty paper on the left hand card. Both images were coloured with promarkers, the right hand image also has glossy accents on Alfie's hair, although the awful lighting hasn't let me capture it effectively. The r.h. card also has purple core'dinations card, buttons from basic grey and an Anita's peel off greeting. The l.h. card was finished with 3 lime papermania brads and an Anita's peel off greeting. The images and mats were all cut using the labels one nesties.

Today was the first day of Whiff of Joy's pre-order for the new Elisabeth Bell stamp collection, so of course I had to order them - 10 stamps for 27 euros!!! And they're offering some candy - a free set for the winner.

*Edit* thought I'd add some close ups of the glitter flock and the glossy accents areas of the above cards, albeit not very good pictures

5 comments:

Mar G said...

Aw gorgeous cards, love the images, embellishments & the papers!
Well done you :)
I noticed you'd bought the PM glitter flock powders....Good to read you are chuffed with the results they produce, I'll add them to my current list of 'Wants'! Lol x

Macpurp said...

these are beautiful!
never used the glitter flock powders.something else to look into.
love Tina x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

These are gorgeous Debbi. The kids will love them. Must look into getting some of those flock powders an glossy accents too.

Mar G said...

Oooh the glitter flock & glossy accents look really good!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Thank you for your lovely comments and for sharing these fab cards...Love the colours/papers you've used and the flock looks very snazzy.

Willow is beautiful...xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...