Thursday 8 January 2009

Hamish in Kilt

I quickly made a birthday card for my dad this evening, he'll be 66 on Saturday. I really struggle to make male cards that have nothing to do with sports, fishing or drinking. But this Hamish in kilt image from Sugar Nellie that I received from Lainy as part of her PIF was just perfect for my dad. I really liked the dark subdued colours of the paper and card too. And of course it gave me a good excuse to trie out my brand new nesties - I used the circle and scallop circle for the image and mat, and the new labels one for the tartan paper. The cuttlebug was working overtime as I also ran the core'dinations card, that was left over from cutting the scallop mat, through with the swiss dots embossing folder. To finish off I used some gold die cut happy birthday words that I got in the Mad About Cards pound shop.

I hope my dad likes it. I coloured Hamish with a mix of promarkers and whispers. 

I remembered to tell you about my super bargain storage idea - I don't suppose I'm the first person to discover this but I thought I'd share anyway.

While wandering round my local Sainsbury's supermarket I spotted this and thought it would be ideal for holding all my pens, and tools in the one place. Previously i used old mugs that had lost their handles. This has 4 separate sections and if thats not enough room for you, you can separate the black and grey sections so you have 2 separate pieces each with 4 sections.

I use 1 section for my whispers pens, 1 section for my italic, sakura and scrapbooking pens, 1 section for brushes and pencils and the last section has tools eg scissors, rub-on roller, BG files, bone folders etc

And how much did it cost? ......... 99p!!!

Oh btw, I stuck on the Oscar the grouch stickers - they were left over from making Pamela's birthday card and I thought it was pretty much me to a tee - if anyone tried yapping when I was engrossed at my crafty space. :)

3 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the colours you have chosen, what a bargain with the pots, i use empty cotton bud pots have loads of them, this is a fantastic buy...

Hugs Pops x x x

Macpurp said...

lovely card

tina x

Mar G said...

Aw wee Hamish is a cutie....Sure your Dad will love him & the card of course?!
Well Done you've made a great job of colouring him :)
Love the storage pots, I may have to copy you & buy some soon ;)

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...