Thursday 7 April 2011

Krista's Card Swap

Now that I know my swap partner has received her card I can show you the card I got.
In case you have no idea what I'm blethering about now, Krista - the talented lady who designs the Simply Sassy stamps for Sugar Nellie organised a card swap recently and she picked out the lovely Vee as my swap partner. So this is the beautiful card that Vee sent me... and after having popped over to her blog today I suspect she may have drawn this image herself, doesn't that give this card even more of the wow factor!


And this is the card that I sent her... (forgot to take a pic before I posted it, so Vee sent me this one :)


Image: Pillow Talk from Sugar Nellie, coloured to give a sepia effect with promarkers, EK success border punch, kaisercraft tiny letters, twill tape and Basic Grey Kraft paper


This is just a quick post today - Graham got home this afternoon. Then I need to get my bag organised with everything I need to take for my visit to the Huntly Craft Group on Saturday- the lovely ladies have invited me up to show them some colouring techniques with promarkers. And Willow has been nagging me all week for a trip out to Simply Create, so we might all just go for a wee jaunt out to Alford tomorrow.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you girls were able to exchange such pretty cards!...isn't it fun getting little goodies in the mail?!...

oh, and loved browsing through your safmat projects...especially loved the babies-- and your hippie chick was beautiful!...you always make such lovely creations!...always fun to visit!:)

have a nice day!xoxo

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely card ! great flower !
greetings, martina
x

Anne said...

great cards by you and Vee ,Debs.
Hope you and Willow make it out here tomorrow
Anne x

Clare with paint in her hair said...

The original of the lady image is by a quite famous artist and author called Kelly Rae Roberts, she has a fab mixed media book called taking flight.

Kath Stewart said...

now that sounds like a brilliant idea...hugs kath xxx

Fiona said...

that's a great idea and both cards are fab!! Even though the one made is blurry, I can still see the sassyness shining through!!

Fi
x

Sarah Louise said...

Wow, i bet you are both made up with your swap cards, stunning work

Vee said...

I did draw the girl on the card I swapped with you - I just got drawn (LOL)to my friend's wall art there is also another girly that I will post later. Sorry my pic was so poor- must get another camera!!

Vee said...

Hi Debbi
Yes I did draw the girl on the card I sent to you - I was simply drawn LOL to my friend's wall art. There another one that I have drawn that I will post later. Thank you so much for posting on your blog and for the great comments. Sorry my pic of yours is so bad - I used my other camera - don't know why it was just close to hand!!
Enjoy the day
Vee xxx

Aud said...

Great idea having a swap Debbi, both cards lovely and us crazy crafters up in Huntly all looking forward to having you up on sat. See you then. Aud

Shazza said...

cute card you received and your sepia Pillow Talk is stunning! Lucky you getting to Alford, wish it was me x

Vee said...

Thought I'd let you know I've just posted a decent pic of your card on my blog. When I commented earlier think I did it twice - Oh dear...
Vee xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Your Monochrome colouring always astonishes me - it's just so effective & I love the sepia effect particularly.
Hopefully our phone wires are now repaired so I can get on with my normal commenting. Hope the class goes well at the weekend.
Paula (PEP)

akilli melek said...

smashing cards, you look like you enjoyed your travels too

caroline

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...