Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunday Musings

What a lovely day! beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, love it.
Had to get up this morning to take some painkillers and go back to bed until they kicked in, was so sore. 
Anyway, had a fantastic afternoon teaching some incredibly funny ladies at The Papeterie yesterday - they are definitely the rowdiest bunch so far.... but they were "amazing" lol I was explaining some other uses for promarkers to them yesterday and I don't think they believed me, so I said I would dig out this card to show them... on it I used white or light coloured ribbons and trims and coloured them with promarkers then basket wove them to make my background...


and here's some pics of my very studious students...

And I was really nervous about finally meeting Erika who was there doing an instore demo all day - and I had no reason to be nervous at all, I think we hit it off straight away, she's a lovely girl and we yapped away like we'd known each other for ages. She is however a terrible influence and she made me spend loads of money lol.


Now, how many of you bought card from The Papeterie stand at the SECC last month? How many of you live in the NE of Scotland and have been to The Papeterie
And how many of you would like to win £100 of crafting goodness?
it's sooooooooooooooo easy, all you have to do is make a card with products which are currently sold at The Papeterie and you'll be entered into their Spring into Summer Card Designer Challenge.
The challenge will run until the 30th April(noon) with winners being announced at 4pm.
1st Prize: £100 of crafty goodies
2nd Prize: £30 of crafty goodies
3rd Prize: £10 of crafty goodies
All you need to do is design a card made with products currently sold at The Papeterie with a Spring/Summer theme. Take them in to be displayed in store and we will also feature them on our website. Good Luck and have fun.



Aren't those prizes fantastic, I'd certainly love to be winner, wouldn't you?

10 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Glad you had a fun afternoon, didn't manage to pop out yesterday as we were decorating Emily's bedroom. Also, haven't made my card yet for the comp - but I will! I just need to get colouring! x

cebelica said...

Wonderful card!
I'm happy to hear you had a lovely time with your students.
Have a nice time! Hugs!

Kath Stewart said...

sounds like a real fun day and what on earth did you get up to that you ended up all sore...big hugs kath xxx

Suzi McKenzie said...

I was at The Papeterie yesterday morning, stocking up on cardstock. Came away with 6 boxes of card and a few pretty extras :)

Would be so easy to spend a fortune there though, they really do have a lovely selection of products.

I'll have to try and get a card made for their challenge:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Suzi
xxx

Fiona said...

sounds like had a good time yesterday!! Fab card Debz...love the background, it reminds me of when we did weaving at school...lol!!

Enjoy the rest of your day...we are just waiting for the food to arrive...chinese!!

Fi
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you are better soon. They certainly look like they are taking it all in, very studios. Fab card to demonstrate the use of PMs too. Marianne x

Curly said...

Wow Debz this is adorable and your colouring skills are amazing and the ribbon weaving is brilliant,
sounds likes everybody had a good time at your class yesterday,

have a lovely evening
hugs Bridget :0) x

Unknown said...

your classes look so interesting...would take one if i could:):)...and a rowdy bunch is always more fun!;)

xoxo

Paula (PEP) said...

I do hope you are feeling much better. I still cannot get over those Kanban grils cards you posted. Your woven background here is gorgeous with the buttons & who'd have thought ribbons for a boy. Glad the teaching went well & intrigued by your spending.........
Take care & have a good week.
Paula (PEP)

Aud said...

Love that card Debz, and Im glad to see youv'e found some other crafters noiser than us makes us feel better, hope your aches and pains are a bit better today, im enjoying my 1st day off from this working lark so fine, nice to be able to step down a gear instead of fleeing aboot like a headless chicken all the time the weather has made such a difference as well. Take it easy and look after yourself Debz. Aud x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...