Sunday 3 April 2011

Have you tried Safmat?

If you have, we'd love to see your projects using Safmat - just pop on over to the Letraset blog and leave a comment with a link to your project or projects.


And if you've never heard of it, then you're in for a treat - the lovely people at Letraset have been making this product for yonks, mostly for the design market. But us crafters have decided that we have loads of ideas for using it. Kirsty has been in news-hound mode and has found some fab ideas from some very talented crafters, and you'll also find out all about Safmat on the Letraset blog here.
Basically Safmat is exactly what it says on the pack - self-adhesive printing film. You add words, pictures, digi stamps, patterns or whatever else you wish using your computer and graphic or word processing software, then print it out. And the great thing about Safmat is you don't need to faff around with flipping or reversing anything. Once it's printed, just cut out the design you want to use, position it onto your surface and rub it down firmly - ta da !! It's so easy, even I managed it :)


So here are a few things I did with the pack Letraset sent me to play with...
 First up I decided to make some greeting buttons - I just sized some text to fit, printed off, cut out and rubbed it onto the buttons - thought I'd give it a try to make a personalised greeting on a scrap of ribbon too


 Isn't this just the most gorgeous baby image?  I used the Bambino digi stamp from Sugar Nellie and recoloured him in blue.
 Now I really loved this one - I made my own lace! I just used some lace clipart (on Word and Publisher) resized and recoloured it and ta da!


 For this one I designed my own bookmark (D for Debz and my friends girls used to call me Debbi Dolphin when they were wee) in Publisher using an arrow shape and clipart, recoloured it and printed it out.   Then I rubbed it onto the inside of a laminating pouch and ran it through the laminator. The I just had to punch the hole and add some pretty ribbons


And last but not least I actually made a scrapbook page - Beckie I hope you're paying attention lol. I printed off the quote in a pretty font and colour and positioned it partly over the picture. In case you are wondering (I'm going to assume you are all as inherently nosey as I am) the photo is of my youngest, Faith when she was a day old.


You can buy Safmat directly from Letraset here - and while you're there you might want to take advantage of their brand new multisaver deals on Promarkers, Aquamarkers and Trias.


14 comments:

Janice said...

Nice work Debbi, looks like good stuff to have. Hadn't heard of it till your post so thanks for the info. Jx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Clever clever girl!!! I love your projects. i had heard of the stuff but had decided it wasn't for me...you might just have changed my mind :)

Hugs Judy xx

cebelica said...

Oh wow Debbi, these creations are fantastic. Well done!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
These are all fantastic creations. So many uses for this technique. Think it's time to start dropping hits to my burser.Lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Debbi, how amazing is this product. Opens up so many avenues for ideas, never heard of it before now, thanks for the info and the beautiful demo's of its capabilities. Off to have a browse for it.
Hugs
Suzi x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!!!

Kat said...

Love what you've done with Safmat Debbi. Looks like it has a lot of uses. Lovely photo of Faith.

Kat xx

Annie said...

Debbi
Your work is totally stunning - have followed you for ages and always amazed by what you do.
Just popped by to say I have awarded you an award.
http://craftworkblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/oh-my-goodness-award.html
Thanks for the inspiration you give us all.
Ann xxx

Marianne said...

Thanks Debbi.I've never heard about it, but I might try it if I see it around here in the Netherlands. Greetings,
Marianne

Mina said...

wow that looks like great stuff Debbie and your makes with it are such fantastic ideas and beautifully made too
Mina xxx

Suze Bain said...

This looks like handy stuff. Love the buttons and ribbon you've personalised, also it seems to have picked up the texture on the pillow box. Suze xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creations in fab colours hugs Pops x x x

Anne said...

Love what you're up to Debbie,long time no see but hope to catch up soon
Anne x

Meesh said...

OMG Debbie! You've found loads of ways to use Safmat and each one of them brilliant! The buttons are inspired!

Meesh. xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...