Friday 1 April 2011

More catching up

Well, the lurgy is still hanging around like a bad smell here - I'd like to thank everyone who left get well wishes, I appreciate them.


I have managed to fit wee sneaky crafty moments over the last few days - so I took the opportunity to catch up some more with the Sunday's with Santa Facebook group - this first one is for the Week 12 - No Green challenge...
I have stamped the Penny Black - Fantasy stamp with Versamark then heat embossed with detail white, onto this lovely spice coloured linen card from The Papeterie. I used a shaped card blank and greeting from Craftwork Cards and used the MS Cherish punches to shape the spice card.


Now, I'm not sure if it's my bug addled brain that's the problem or if it's just old age but this card started out as being for Gayles choice of Week 13 - Vintage, but halfway through it became Week 11 Snow/snowflakes - so I'll just enter it for both, yes I know that's kind of cheating, but if I have time I'll do another for Snow/snowflakes. Now I have a very loose interpretation of vintage...
White card is all from The Papeterie, embossed with swiss dots cuttlebug folder and Tim Holtz Bricked texture fades folder. The PI church image was stamped with SU Crumb Cake inkpad, and I blended Pumice Distress Ink around the edges of all 3 panels. The snowflakes are MS punches, prima e line adhesive stones, and glamour dust on the church image.


I'd like to enter both these cards into Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Xmas in Spring

15 comments:

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness Debbi - these are gorgeous! I hope your bug goes away soon, it must be so frustrating to have it hang on for so long!

Paula (PEP) said...

Commenting whilst I can - love your Fantasy Penny Black on the shaped spice card - quite a stunner that. The textures on the snowflake card are lovely too & the sparkly roof of the church is glorious. Looks fine as vintage to me. Hope you have a good weekend & feel much much better for next week.
Paula (PEP)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very Christmassy!

Thanks for joining our "Christmas in Spring" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

PS - Glad you are starting to feel better xxxx

Fiona said...

gorgeous cards Debbi...I love the top one, it's one of my favourite stamps!!

Fi
x

Suze Bain said...

Ooh, liking that spicy card and ooh, liking those MS punches! Enjoy the easter hols. x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Both of these are beautiful. I love the heat embsossed tree and the second card is gorgeous.
Glad your starting to feel a wee bit better.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kelly - Peace Love Lacquer said...

That sparkle is the perfect finishing touch on a beautiful card.


Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter... Hope to see you again soon!!

~Kelly :)

Jacki Daniels said...

2beautiful cards Debbi I do like the first one the colour is wonderful sorry to hear you haven't been well hope you're feeling better soon
Jacki xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards debbi...love what you did with one of my fave PB's...hope the lurgy leaves soon...big hugs kath xxx

martina's kaartjes said...

very pretty cards ! prefere the first one very much !
greetings, martina
x

ribenaruby said...

Hi Debbi, get well wishes for you, wow stunning cards. The spice one stand out so much and the ms punch with card shape works very well. take care. Ruby x

Leanne said...

I really love visiting your blog to view your awesome creations.

lil-paper-pixie said...

Fab cards Debbi, been soooooooo busy of late, hardly get time to craft, busy getting ready to jet off to Florida on Sat so another mad busy week. Hoping to come to Scotland in August, we will have to meet up.x

Hugs

Sarah

Beebeebabs said...

Both cards are gorgeous tfs!!!

xxxtglxxx said...

I need that MS die - it looks amazing Debbi :)

I think the white tree looks amazing (like Lord of the Rings) and the simple greeting looks so classy.

Love the vintagy snow card too - the embossed panel looks so unusual, but very effective.

hugs

xxalisonxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...