Friday 20 January 2012

Hmmm

It was going so well at the start of the year, blogging regularly and then it all went pear-shaped.
Unfortunately life got in the way of my crafting and blogging, but I make no apologies for it. January is always a bit of a nightmare, with finalising accounts, doing tax returns, and of course I have 2 assignments due in in January, the first one is in and marked and I'm pretty chuffed with my marks, and the 2nd one is due in on the 31st so I've still a load of studying to do for that. But I'm getting there. The accounting stuff is all done and dusted as of this afternoon. And to make life a bit easier for myself I've made a start on pulling together all the 2011/12 stuff so far. 
But never mind all that, have you seen the exciting news from Letraset? Have you seen all the new limited edition colours they've been revealing on the Letraset Facebook page


I know some of you were concerned when you heard there were going to be more promarker colours, but there's no need to panic, there's only 6 new colours this time.


I've also been busy with the admin side of the Girls Just Want To Have Fun crafty days - we announced the first date for Aberdeen (see this post for details) and we also announced that we'll be holding more crafty days in Banff, Perth and Newcastle. So if you live within travelling distance of any of those places and want to know more then email me here and I'll add you to our mailing list, so when we finalise the details you'll be the first to hear about it. I've already got quite a lot of names already for Banff, Perth and Newcastle. And a third of our places for the Aberdeen crafty day are now reserved.
And if you have no idea what I'm waffling about.... well the incredibly talented Kath and Anne get together with myself to put together 3 workshops featuring all the latest products and techniques. We provide all the materials and tools (we only ask you to bring a pair of scissors if you want to) and we also provide a buffet lunch and refreshments. The Aberdeen crafty days are held at The Papeterie so there is also the opportunity to shop afterwards too.
Here are some of the workshops we've done at previous GJWTHF days....


 The projects for 2012 are all brand new, and you won't see them anywhere else.
So if you fancy joining us please don't hang about as spaces are limited 
Have a great day
Debz
x

4 comments:

Fiona said...

we do have lives outside of blogland Debbi...and you have wee kiddis too. Glad your assignments are going well. Fab projects...wish I could manage one of you GJWTHF things but too far away. Maybe next time.

Fi
x

Jane said...

I am so looking forward to it!! Booked the Travelodge yesterday so I am all set! Did my cheque arrive?

Jane
x

Kat said...

Like the sound of new Promarker colours. Seems a long time to GJWTHF!!

Kat xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Congratulations on your mark for the first assignment. I'm glad to find only 6 new PM colours as that is achievable. january seems to have almost gone so I can imagine that having a home & a small family more than keeps your hands full. This all looks very exciting & I must admit that I do love that brown easel calendar.
Paula (PEP)

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...