Monday 2 January 2012

New Year Offshore

As you know, Graham was home for xmas in 2011, but he had to go offshore a few days later and had the task of organising and preparing the New Year meals for the rig he's on - because it's not much fun being in the middle of the North Sea over the festive period, and they're not allowed alcohol for obvious reasons, the festive menus are quite a big deal. Graham is a Chef Manager which means he's in charge of all the catering and domestic staff on the rig and he likes to pull out all the stops when it comes to the festive meals. Although I have to stay Graham's standards are incredibly high all year round.
Now, normally Graham prints off menus to display for the days meals, but at xmas and new year he like to make them a bit special and tarts them up a bit in Powerpoint. And this is the 2nd year he's asked me to add a bit of craftiness to them. 
So I was a bit short on time (he's promised to give me more notice next year) so this is what I came up with..
I kept it simple with the Spellbinders Poinsettia dies and some Craftwork Cards candi.
So I did 15 table menus and 2 display menus for the New Years Day meal and 15 table menus and 2 display menus for the 2nd Jan Buffet.

8 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Fab Debbi. I couldn't get my hands on that die this year, have to remember to buy it early next year! xx

Fiona said...

they look fab Debbi....

Kat said...

Great menus Debbi. I'm sure the lads will appreciate how special you've made the menus for them.

Pity Graham's away now but great he was at home for Christmas.

Kat xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely splendid - my training was in Hotel & Catering Management so I know how important the menu presentation is. Absolutely super with your combined artwork. Hope today's buffet goes well.
Paula (PEP)

Crafty Loops said...

The menus turned out really fantastic. So glad you had Graham home for Xmas. Lee x

Anne said...

Great stuff Debbi. Yummy !!!
Anne xxx

Auntie Em said...

I am so impressed by what you can do on short notice! They look so elegant.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WTG you they look fab hun....love the colour of the ponsettias!
Hugs Shell xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...