Tuesday 31 January 2012

Thankyou

Hello hello,
just a quick post cos I'm not staying at the laptop long tonight. Just wanted to pop on and say thankyou to everyone who wished me a happy birthday on Friday and to everyone who sent me beautiful hand made cards. Oh, and just to clear up a bit of confusion from the opening paragraph on my birthday blog candy - it was my 30-something birthday, not my 3rd birthday, or blogaversary lol. Remember my blog candy is still open until the 10th Feb.




Also a great big bosie to my super crafting buddy Kath who treated me to a trip to the pictures today. Kath and I snuffled our way through 2 and a half hours of the beautifully shot and very emotive War Horse. Now I am an animal lover, although I wouldn't say I was a horsey person at all - I'm highly allergic to them - but wow, what a fab film. And I spotted so many British actors in it too.


I know I'm sounding a bit like a broken record, but I'm still up to my eyes with Uni stuff, hopefully I'll have another assignment done and dusted by the end of the week though.
But I did manage to get samples made for my next class at The Papeterie - I think there are 1 or 2 places left (call 01224 802337 for more info or to book a place). We'll be decorating a box using various techniques with Letraset alcohol inks, so it's going to be lots of messy fun :)


Another of my bloggy buddies, and fellow Promarker nut Lou has started a special group on Facebook for all of us Letraset marker fans - a place to share inspiration, tips and techniques. So if you fancy joining in, pop over here to Promarker Paradise.


And lastly for today - seeing as it's payday, I thought I'd just mention that there are still places left for the GJWTHF craft day in Aberdeen,  - if you are a bit further north and would prefer Banff, or a bit further south and fancy either Perth or Newcastle then give me a shout by email, and I'll pop you on the list so you'll be the first to know about upcoming GJWTHF dates closer to you. Perth and Newcastle especially are proving to be quite popular :)
You'll find more detail on this post or on the GJWTHF Facebook page.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate any comments Debz x

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like you & Kath needed Kath's supply of tissues she had with her for "the bairns" I believe.
All the best with the Uni assignment.
Paula (PEP)

Loz said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday... however old you are ;)
I would love to see that movie - will have to wait for DVD I think... not sure I'd sit too comfortable in the cinema seats!! x

jojo said...

sounds like u had a great birthday debbi, cant wait for the war horse to come out on dvd. really enjoying reading through your blogg. hope u are staying warm
take care
jojo

Andrea said...

Andrew and I went to see War Horse last week too and we both thoroughly enjoyed it - and yes I needed a tissue too!
I hope you managed to get your uni work done.
Love, Andrea xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...