Wednesday 11 November 2009

The Exciting News - Finally!

Well, I can finally tell you my exciting news, are you ready??


A couple of weeks ago I was asked by Letraset to put together a simple tutorial of a craft project for a craft kit they intended putting together for retail. The kit would contain 12 promarkers, 1 blender pen, 1 fineliner pen, a bleedproof marker pad, a storage wallet and my Instruction sheet. They also asked me to select the 12 colours.


So, this is what will be on sale next week, online and in the shops...

The colours I chose are: Blush (good all round flesh tone), Pink Carnation & Fuchsia Pink, Denim Blue & China Blue, Grass & Lush Green, (lighter and darker pinks, blues and greens for better blending and shading), Caramel, Cocoa & Umber (perfect combination for hair as well as clothing and animals), Sunflower, Poppy.
I chose these colours as I think they give the greatest flexibility and can be used for as wide a range of craft projects as possible, I also thought it was a good starter kit for those who have never tried PM's before and includes a good mix of the old and new colours.

I am thrilled to bits that Letraset asked me to do this, and without sounding like I'm accepting an OSCAR, I want to say a huge thankyou to Gina and Denise at Passion for Promarkers - if they hadn't chosen me to join their Design Team I would never have got this opportunity. And also a huge thankyou to my other BFF, Mar who talked me into buying Promarkers in the first place. 

Here's another pic of the card I made for the tutorial, that is also on the front of the packaging (I still can't believe that's my card, and my name on the packaging!!)


 





20 comments:

Rufus said...

Wow, that is BIG news! Congrats to you!!
R/

Kay said...

Congrats, Debbi!! That is so exciting :)

Annie said...

oh I so wish this kit had been around when I started - great choice of colours - some of my favourites. I've learnt such a lot following your blog over the past year. Totally over the moon for you Debbie. Just fantastic news.

Ann xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

That is awesome news! I am soooo chuffed for you. Your card is gorgeous and what an amazing claim to fame!! Well done girl! Hugs Judy xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, thats fantastic Debbi. Congratulations to you.
Clare x

Jane said...

WOW!! What fab news congratulations!!
What an excellent idea such a handy kit!!...and gorgeous card!
Hugs
Jane
:0)

Kath Stewart said...

woo.hooo...well done debbi and hey I might just be popping across for your autograph....big hugs kath xxxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Well done you. What a compliment to be asked - it is an Oscar!! I'm sure this will prove to be a great starter kit for many. By the way the card is gorgeous.
HUgs,
Fiona x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Debz, stunning papers!!
Clairexx

Kim. said...

Wow well done you and the card is beautiful. Congratulations.
Kim xXx

Andrea said...

Congratulations - it must be such a fabulous feeling seeing your card and name on the box!
Hmmm - I wonder if that is something for my Christmas wish list??
Love, Andrea xx

Andrea said...

Congratulations - it must be such a fabulous feeling seeing your card and name on the box!
Hmmm - I wonder if that is something for my Christmas wish list??
Love, Andrea xx

jenny said...

Wow that's fantastic Debbi, well done you!!! Beautiful card and the colours you chose are fab, some of my fav's too!
Congrats :0)

Jenny xx

Macpurp said...

this is fantastic! you are so clever.
love teen xx

Gina said...

Woohoooo well done Debz :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Natalie said...

Congratulations again Debbi. Your card looks great. x

Nikki said...

Congratulations hun..

The card is gorgeous and what a compliment.. Letraset should be honoured..

Hugs
Nikki x

Mar G said...

Congrats & very well done again...SO chuffed for you :-) Thanks (again) too for the mention in your blog post!
Keep up the fab work x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hey, lool at you! Now you're one of those people who are in a totally different league to anyone else!!! WELL DONE!

Kat said...

Wow Debbi that is fantastic. I'm so pleased for you. Wait till the kids see the box in the shops with your card and your name, they will be so proud of you. Well done.

Kat x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...