Tuesday 24 November 2009

Passion for Promarkers #27 - Maria's Theme - Vintage

Its week #27 over at Passion for Promarkers and our penultimate challenge for 2009. Maria has chosen "Vintage" as her theme this week and you can use ANY COLOURS of promarkers.


Now this challenge has had me worried for weeks because its so far out of my comfort zone, I have never even attempted anything vintage before. BUT, I think I like it! 


So if you fancy having a go at this challenge, remember all you need to do to qualify for the prize draw is use ANY COLOUR of promarkers AND create something "Vintage".
And this week's fabulous prize is a £10 voucher to spend at



They have a fantastic range of kids and adults crafts - some fabulous ideas to keep the kids busy and some super stocking fillers and gifts. If you do place an order with them, can I be cheeky and ask you to enter the source code: SSH10729. If you do this then our charity Extra Special Parents will receive the commission at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. So not only will you get some super crafty bits, but you will also be supporting parents and carers of children with additional needs.




Image: Poise from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers: Blush for her skin, Baby Pink for her lips, Apricot, Raw Sienna, Chestnut & Walnut for her hair, Mulberry and Plum for her dress and the flowers. I then covered the entire image with Ranger Sepia Accents for a "vintage" look.
The card base is core'dinations card which was sanded, Paper is K&Co and the edges were distressed and inked, the lace is from my stash and coloured with Caramel Promarker. The image is matted onto core'dinations card. The large flower is made from core'dinations card and the K&Co paper, retro flower punch and the petals are then punched with the Martha Stewart Deco Shell punch. The wee flowers are Prima, all the gems were coloured with Plum promarker


And here's a close-up of the lady...




9 comments:

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Bril Debbi - I love the colour combo xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabulous Job!! Love to distressed cardstock and the image is stunning!! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks :))
Hugs Judy xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love your card hun...and just to let you know your in sooooooooo much trouble with my hubby lol....I have finally got my hands on some Promarkers he he...I went crafty shopping with my friend the other Friday and ended up buying 12 pens got home spent alnight using them, following your instructions as best I could with the colours I had got ...Thank you it helped loads....but I did complain that I needed this colour and that colour lol...well my darling hubby took me back to the same shop on the Saturday and got me another 17 pens and I LOVE THEM....and its all down to seeing your cards on here...heres my question what card do you use, as everycard I have got sucks the ink out of my pens...and I have a favour please could you pop over to my blog and leave me a comment as to what you think of my colourings

a great big thank you from me hun....I love coming on your blog and seeing how you use your pens

hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Debbi, for someone who was worried about doing 'vintage' you nailed it. Your card is absoloutely gorgeous, so pretty too, i love it.
Wtg Girl, Have a great week :)
Suzi
xxx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Debbi. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Debbi

Beautiful card, love the colours and the background.

Hugs Ali x

Riet said...

Beautiful card Debbi,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Natalie said...

Fabulous card Debbi. x

thread-bare said...

Fab card & what gorgeous yummy papers. xx Clare x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...