Sunday 5 July 2009

Colouring with Promarkers #5 Jeans/Trousers

This is the most recent "How To" I've done for the Passion for Promarkers blog - if you haven't been along for a nosey, it really is a must. Whether you own all of the promarkers or just a handful - or even if you don't own any yet, this blog is esential reading. There is a new challenge posted every Tuesday at 9am GMT, and the Weekend Workshops are posted every Friday. And the Weekend Workshops are where you can pick up hints and tips for using your promarkers and tutorials like this one...
Colouring with Promarkers #5 Jeans/Trousers
I have chosen 3 blue shades: Blue Pearl, Cornflower and China Blue, and I stamped my image - Daisy from Sugar Nellie, using Memento ink on concord card

Firstly I colour in a section with the palest colour - don't worry about getting even coverage at this stage

I have assumed the light source is coming from the top right of the picture, so I have used the next deeper shade - cornflower - to colour part of the way across the area I have already coloured blue pearl

I then blended by using the palest colour - blue pearl - in a circular motion, moving the colour from the darker area to the lighter area.

I then colour the next area with the palest colour - blue pearl

I then added some more of the mid shade - cornflower to the darker area

And blended as before, bring the colour from the dark to the light in a small circular motion, almost to the top edge of the jeans.

I then used the darkest shade - china blue - along the bottom right edges of the jeans

And blended as before with the blue pearl promarker

I have used the same technique with the turn-ups

I have used the same colouring principles for other colours of trousers, I find its especially effective with browns using cinnamon, cocoa and umber.

To download the tutorial, click on this icon

 

7 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Hi Debs how you doing? Fab tutorial as always, you make it all sound so easy! I got my first promarkers the other day so I'll be reading all your tutorial again. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Anonymous said...

Fab tutorial xx jo xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debbie you are such a star giving this wonderful tutorial on shading. I have all those colours so must go have a look at the challenge and once again thank you.

Wendy M said...

Hi Debbi

Thank you for sharing your shading tips... they are really helpful...

Mar G said...

Thanks Deb...Yet another very helpful 'How To' :-)
I now need help with 'How To....Pick the PM's up & start creating!' Lol x

Spyder said...

Always love your tutorials (will post another link) and I must get more colours!!

((Lyn))

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I recently bought some Promarkers and forgot to get the blender!

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...