Friday 17 July 2009

Experimenting with Kraft

I thought I would experiment with promarkers and kraft card. Obviously, because the kraft is darker, I've had to use something more opaque for the skintones and highlights. I found the SU Kraft cardstock was fine for blending the promarkers - no bleeding. So, this was my first attempt...


Image: Miss Anya Rain by The Greetings Farm, coloured with: light peach prismacolor pencil for the skin tones, promarkers: cinnamon, raw sienna and cocoa for hair; blossom & rose pink for jacket and socks; pastel green and turquoise for skirt and umbrella; rose pink and maroon for boots. (and I've just realised I've forgotten to colour in her buttons! argh) Highlights are done with sakura gelly roll med.
Papers are all Clare Curd's Signature Range - The Big One
Kraft and black cardstock are Stampin' Up
Greeting is Daisy & Dandelion
Kars paper lace ribbon
EK Success retro flower punches to make the flower, Papermania brad for centre, Floral Punchcraft Ash Branch punch.
Miss Anya's close-up....


14 comments:

Karina said...

Hi Debbi, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Mel said...

Beautiful colouring of the fab image love the card and layout :)
Mel x

Suzanne said...

Debbi this is gorgeous and I love the effect using the darker card, what colour is it? Sue :o)

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Deb, Love the image and your colouring is fab, the papers are great too, remind me of xmas for some reason!! :)
Hugs Gina xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Debbie this is one very beautiful card love it to bits the image and colours are just fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Simone said...

So cute, Debbie! It´s so fabulous!
Simone

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbi,l love the image and colours
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Oh my goodness but you have been busy, I've hardly seen any of these last posts!!!! Gorgeous card, love the kraft cardstock.
The paper I used on the mouse card came like that, it is gorgeous hey, I bought two sheets, lol!
I'll be back to comment on all those other posts I've missed!!

jenny said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colouring on Kraft, looks fab xx

DawnMarie said...

This is so pretty Debs, gorgeous colouring. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Debbi. x

Kim said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colors and wonderful layering.

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Debbie,

This is fab, gonna give the kraft a go, I never thought of that. Your colouring is fab to.

Hugs

Sarah

kelly ledder said...

Lovely card xxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...