Friday 24 July 2009

Olive

I meant to make a card with this image last month for the DigiStamp Boutique's monthly competition, but time got away from me in the lead up to our holiday. So better late than never eh? Talking of late, I also used the challenge #60 sketch from  A Spoonful of Sugar, but again, I'm too late to enter that too :)

I also broke into some new stash that I bought a wee while back. If you remember, back to June, I took a wee trip out to Simply Create at Alford for their Sugar Nellie event and to see Judy doing her fab colouring demo's. Well, this fabulous 12x12 paper pad jumped into my basket and followed me home. Its from Panduro Hobby and its the Classic Tilda Papercraft Paper Stack, it has 25 sheets of double-sided paper and the quality is outstanding. Its not cheap, but its well worth the money.

 

I chose one of the sheets that had cameos on one side and white polka dots on pink on the other side, and chopped it in half to make a 6x6 card blank.

Image: Olive with Flowers by Sally-Ann Hancock @ DigiStamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers: warm grey 1-4; blossom, rose pink, cerise, apple, grass, terracotta, spice, apricot.

papers are all Tilda Papercraft Classic Paper Stack, plus grey core'dinations card. edges were distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Tool and the image card was inked with papermania ink. flowers were punched from same paper and card with EK Success retro flower punches them embossed and distressed. Buttons are papermania, pearls are Hero Arts, and the greeting as usual is daisy & Dandelion.

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love those beautiful colours & your new paper too!!
Hug's Angela x

Mar G said...

Great card Deb :-) Love the colours & the flowers are so pretty! Well Done x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

This is just gorgeous Debbie. The colours are so soft and gentle. Love the flowers and the image is soooooo cute! Thanks so so much for all your lovely words and support over being picked for SN DT. I really appreciate it. I know how gutted you were at not being picked..keep trying hun..I'm sure there will be lots more opportunities. your work is fabulous! Hugs Judy xx

Penni said...

What a cute little kitty Debbi - I love it.

Hugs
Penni
X

Meahni Pieterse said...

Gorgeous... and I love those colours, now I wanna try them too. I know I have pink paper, who doens't have pink paper in their stash ;-)

Max said...

What a sweet card Debbi. Those papers are gorgeous ... I think I need them LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, such a pretty image and beautiful papers.
Thanks for your congrats about sugar nellie, very kind of you to pop over to my blog...and much appreciated.
Carole ;-)

Lil Daffodil said...

Love the distressing in this card. Colours blend well together. A beautiful card

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...