Thursday 2 July 2009

Thursday 2nd July 2009

Another scorchio day! boy, was it hot today.
Well I did a quick check online last night and found the nearest craft shop was White Rose Crafts in Thornton-le-Dale, which is only about 5 miles from here. Sounded promising so I trotted off there this morning on my ownsome. But no - I think I have more craft stuff in a carrier bag at home. Thornton-Le-Dale is a very picturesque village with very typical Yorkshire gift shops, unfortunately the craft shop isn't my idea of a craft shop so I came away almost empty-handed. Yup, that's right, I said ALMOST! Picked up a crafty mag and a pack of greeting diecuts.
There's about 4 or 5 craft shops listed for Scarborough, but it's getting a bit late in the week now - we'll be home on Saturday night hopefully, so I think I'll just leave it.

Spent the rest of the day on the park again, saw parts of the zoo that we missed at the beginning of the week. Got some great pics of the camels, giraffes and hippos. Graham managed to win a soft toy today too. You know that thing where you swing the hammer to hit the thingy and the other thingy shoots up this pole? well you had to get the thingy to shoot right up to the top of the pole and Graham managed it. So we have a big cuddly Muttley! He still can't knock down 3 Patrick's to win a Spongebob though lol

ok, that's my update for today - catchy'all later xx

3 comments:

helen said...

you'll just leave the craft shopping !!!are you ill? .....someone call a doctor !!!
lol
glad you're having a good time hon
you really want that spongebob dont ya !!
hugs
helen x

PinksyDoodles said...

It sounds like you have had a lovely holiday. What a shame you didn't find a decent craft shop.
Have a great weekend.
Clare x

Mar G said...

Och well at least you got a magazine & some die cuts eh?! ;-)
I can't remember what the swinging the hammer thingy is called either...Lol x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...