Tuesday 14 July 2009

Passion For Promarkers #8 - Gold & Ruby

This week's fab colour combo of Gold and Ruby was chosen by the very talented Helen, who has also added the extra twist of Jewels and Gems for the week #8 challenge at Passion for Promarkers. NB it is the yellowy Gold and NOT the metallic Gold.

Our sponsor this week is the fantastic Oliver at Emerald Crafts, I have sung Oliver's praises on many occasions - he is one man that certainly understands us crafters need our stash YESTERDAY!! So the prize up for grabs this week is a £10 voucher to spend here...

So here's my DT card for this week...

Image: Upside Down from the new Diane Duda range at Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers: gold for the dress with warm grey 3 shadows, bees and flower centres; leggings, shoes, pockets and flowers are ruby with warm grey 3 shadows, sandstone, cinnamon and cocoa for her hair;  ivory and blush for her skin; pastel blue for the sky; grass, apple and meadow green for the grass

Papers are the new Basic Grey Lemonade.

Mat is cut using oval scallop nesties in the cuttlebug, swirly bit cut with sizzix die from core'dinations card

clear gems from kanban were coloured with gold promarker for the flower centres on the swirl and ruby promarker down the top right hand corner. Papermania shimmer dots were coloured with ruby promarker for the buttons on the girl's dress.

A wee close-up...

Remember to pop on over to Passion for Promarkers for all the challenge details and you can visit all the DT members and see their fab creations

18 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Debbi. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Great papers also. Hugs Michele x

DawnMarie said...

Och, I don't have the gold or ruby yet huff. Beautiful card Debs, the colours go great together. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Manda said...

Love the card. So wish I had bought those cut oot dododas!

Manda xx

Mel said...

Fab card Debbi love the image and coloured so beautifully :)
Mel x

helen said...

debbi this is gorgeous hon i love the image and your colouring is gorgeous
hugs
helen x

Kath Stewart said...

this is truly delish...love the colour combo and your gorgeous colour work...big hugs kath xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Debi. the colours work so well with your chosen image.
Maria xx

Ida / Little said...

Hi Debbi, I can reconize the gorgeous papers from my GORGEOUS card that I got in the mail today! Thank you so much, I was so happy :) You color magically well ;)

Loads of hugs Ida

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Debbi, great image you have used and love your colouring too :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Suzanne said...

Debbi this is fabulous and I adore the image,a gorgeous card. Sue :o)

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fantastic colouring. Those two colours are great together and I think that stamp is my fav out of the Diane Duda ones. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Debbi, great image. x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbi,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Caryn said...

Debbi I love how you've used the grey for the shadows - way more realistic than just using a darker shade of the same colour. Love this card - especially the swirly bits!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Debbi, I have just inked up my stamp for the first time, love it!
Clairex

Penni said...

Fab card Debbi. I love this SN image.

Hugs
Penni
X

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous Debbie, What an inpsired colour choice..I love it and you know i love that image...she makes me smile every time I see it! your colourinf is great too! Hugs Judy xx

Mar G said...

Wow another great card....Really liking the 'Upside Image'! ;-) x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...