Friday 3 July 2009

Friday 3rd July 2009

Last day of the hols today :(
The day started off a bit overcast, then the heavens opened and the thunder and lightning started. Wow what a deluge!
But it had all dried up after lunch time and we made it onto the park again. Did a bit of shopping for the usual souvenir tat, you know.... fridge magnets, toys for the kids etc etc.
Was a bit disappointed that some of the stalls were closed.
Which brings me to my one complaint about Flamingoland... the variety and cost of food on the park is absolutely atrocious. You can have burgers, hot dogs and that's really about it. I expected them to be overpriced, as these places usually are. But at least at the likes of Alton Towers there are real brands like McDonald's.
Anyway, we're just about all packed up and ready to go in the morning. Just need to give the kids breakfast, have a quick whizz round with the hoover and we're all set.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day though, stopping off at Annan on the way home to pick up the travel cot and airbed, so we're hoping to be home early evening.
Can't wait to get home now - I know it sounds awful, but I'm always the same at the end of a holiday, just want home to my own bed.

On a crafty note, remember to pop over to Passion For Promarkers (blinkie on sidebar) and see the new Weekend Workshop. This week's challenge is still ongoing - Caryn chose the colours Moss Green and Poppy with an added extra of "something tasty", if you haven't entered yet, then remember to get your entry in before 9am on Tuesday, when the new challenge starts. And the new challenge colours were chosen by me.

I'm so looking forward to speaking to all the gorgeous ladies on the PfP DT and my other bloggy buddies, I've missed them :) And getting back into the crafty swing of things again. Having my promarkers and prismas here and not being able to use them has been driving me nuts.

No comments:

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...