Saturday 21 February 2009

Done the other 2 outta 3

We've had quite a busy day today again, Graham's been laying more laminate in the bathroom and done a bonny job - am sure you don't need to see pics of oor lavvy though lol

I managed to finish the card I started making yesterday using one of the new Elisabeth Bell stamps from Sugar Nellie and I really enjoyed it. The image is a joy to colour and I thought I'd try a colour scheme that is well out of my comfort zone... and I also got the chance to play with my favourite thing of the moment - glitter flock :)

                                                     

Card/Paper: Lemon core'dinations card, Papermania Spring Burst paper

Image: "Spring Has Sprung" by Elisabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie

Coloured with: Letraset Promarkers, Sakura Gelly Roll - white, Papermania white glitter flock

Flower: Papermania silk and mulberry, papermania brad

Other: Green organza ribbon - Dovecraft, "Grass" border empuncher

I also made a quick bookmark for Manda, she's borrowing Twilight and New Moon from me and Graham bought them as part of a hardback boxed set for my xmas, and I'm a bit funny about folk breaking the spine of books - almost as bad as Mar is :) Manda's fave colour is yellow so I thought I'd stick with the fresh look and keep it simple...

Card: Yellow Core'dinations

Epoxy stickers: Laura Ashley

Eyelets/Grommets: came with the Crop-a-dile

Stamp: free in Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine

Ribbon: Dovecraft green organza, Dovecraft lemon satin

I've also made a start on the Tag You're It challenge for this week - Circles and Swirls, but I won't post that until I'm finished.

As you know, we live beside the sea just south of Aberdeen, and for the last 3 or 4 nights we've seen a large.... something!?!.... out to sea directly East of us. So I took a wander out the garden gate and down to the next corner to see if I could get a picture of whatever was out there. It looks absolutely huge, all lit up like Blackpool Illuminations at night, but guess what? there's now no sign of the bloody thing :( But while I was out with the camera anyway I took this shot to show you how close we are to the sea - this is taken about 20 yards from our garden gate...

That track takes you all the way down to a wee cove with a beach. Unfortunately, because of my gammy hips, I don't get down there unless its dry enough for me to take the car most of the way down. I think I might make a point of doping myself up to the eyeballs on my pain meds and trekking down there sometime soon just so I can show you all how pretty it is.

And on my way back through our garden I thought I'd try out some nature shots - I know they're not fantastic, I have many talents but photography isn't really one of them lol

Crocuses breaking through

 

Catkins on my Twisty Hazel aka Harry Lauder's Walking Stick

10 comments:

Macpurp said...

isn't it lovely when the spring brings new life!!!

love your yellow card. must look into this flock stuff!

love tina x

Rach said...

wow lots of lovlies to look at .. where to start..
your card is delish. love the effect that the fun flock gives and well done for stepping out of your comfort zone with the colour..
cute bookmark..( i hate the spines of books broken and i hate pages being bent over on the corner..)
and finally your view of the sea!!!
wow how gorgeous. i would be in paradise, love the nature shots of the crocuses and catkins. thanks for sharing, and thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog.xxx

scotspanda said...

ooooh what a gorgeous view!! I am jealous....although not that much I have the Cairngorms out my windows :o) Dontcha just love living in Scotland?

Gorgeous card, the colours all look fabby and the flock is great on the wee lambie

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Mar G said...

Oh wow haven't you been busy?!
Bet the lavvy looks ace with the new laminate....WELL DONE GRAHAM! ;-)
I really love your card, the image is so sweet & your colouring is great & the colours very fresh & spring like! (Sorry though cos I know you like it but....I don't like the flock on the wee lamb!)
* NOTE - Anybody reading this - I'm NOT being a witch & merely expressing my opinion!
Manda's bookmark is lovely, bet she'll be SO chuffed with it :-) I hope she's looking after those books! (Lol) Btw - I'm on chapter 4of Twilight ;-)
Fab pics too of the sea & the garden coming back to life after the winter!
The wee cove is gorgeous, I'd be down there everyday if I lived there. (Well....NOT just now cos my back is too sore!) I've got pics here that we took last May when Bobby, Pamela & I trecked down with all the kids ;-)
Catch up tomorrow if your still talking to me after the flock comment?! (Lol) x

Beckie said...

Loving that card it's fab! Yeah another person to hook on Twilight!
And in answer to the comment above .... Oh yeah Scotland is just the BEST place to live!!

Wiccababe said...

well........... if I'm honest, I'm not entirely happy with the flock on the lamb myself - but I had to do something as I made a complete backside of colouring the lamb lol
But I learnt a lesson and will just leave the we lambie white and put in some pale grey shadows and shading
don't worry Mar, I can handle constructive criticism :)

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous card Mar, I love the green and yellow together. You've made a fab job. Manda will love her bookmark too. Great view from your garden, wish I had a view like that. I wholeheartedly agree, Scotland is a great place to live - beautiful scenery. Hugs, Lainy xx

Mar G said...

Hmmm Lainy's had a wee blonde moment there?! Lol x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Beautiful card and bookmark! Love the texture you gave the lamb. So sweet!

Manda said...

Ok going to try and comment again. My first one seems lost in cyber space lol

I love the card and the flock! Think it adds a bit of texture to the card.
I love my bookmark. Will stop me having to use my junk mail lol

Thanks Deb xxxxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...