Monday 16 February 2009

well, 1 outta 3 ain't bad

Only managed to make one thing today, but hey-ho. So here it is, my very first tag for a challenge. And its for the Tag You're It! Week 45 challenge. The theme was Love & Romance, and here is my interpretation of that...

I tried to take some close ups to show the glitter flock I used for Willow's jumper and fluffy socks, and to show the pearl pen on the pink heart and Willow's jeans.

Recipe: I used a sheet of the darker pink paper from the BG Bittersweet 6x6 pad and folded it in half to make the tag. I used the Fiskars threading water punch to shape the bottom edge of the tag, and the crop-a-dile to make the hole and set the large eyelet at the top of the tag.

I stamped 7 blue hearts and 1 pink heart using one of the free stamps from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine and cut these out. I arranged the blue ones and stuck down, then used another of the free stamps to stamp the greeting on the pink heart and attached it with foam pads. Adding pearl pen accents.

I stamped the Willow with Hot Chocolate by Elisabeth Bell for Whiff of Joy using Memento ink onto Concorde card and coloured her with promarkers. I used papermania glitter flock in the bright pink to make her jumper and socks (using a quickie glue pen), and sakura white gellyroll to highlight various areas.

Finally I added ribbons and buttons from my stash.

As I've already said, this is my first attempt at a tag for a challenge, so please let me know what you think (and be honest, I can certainly take constructive criticism)

12 comments:

Beckie said...

that fluffy jumper looks cute!
Love the tag Debs and the blue looks like she has a gorgeous pair of wings

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Debz...welcome to TYI and your in safe hands...we don't bite....your tag is absolutely stunning....love everything about it and your image is gorgeous...love the flock and the glitter...can you tell I like it...thanks for joining in the fun this week at TYI and you are under orders to get back here next week
Hugs kath xxxxx

DawnMarie said...

Wow, this tag is beautiful, how did you manage to get the flock cut and shaped so well? Looks a bit too fiddly for me lol. Beautifully coloured.x

Manda said...

Looks fab! Cant believe how creative you are! You just keep getting better and adding more feathers to your bow! xx

melody said...

wowzerz chickie ~ beautiful tag! you're coloring is fabulous and lovin how you did the sweater and socks ~ and welcome to TYI! so glad you joined us

Dawn said...

Hiya Debbie

Well great to see you on TYI and your fluffy jumper and sox are just so cute - great idea!
Love the swirls and your colouring too - Great tag.

Thanks for joining us this week!

Dawn

Mar G said...

Oh Deb I LOVE your tag its stunning....The colours you've used are perfect & the flocking on Willow's jumper & socks looks great!
I could go on & on cos I love it so much :-)
Well Done You & Good Luck in the challenge!
Tbh - I don't think you'll receive any criticisms regarding this tag!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Debbi, you've done a brilliant job. Love the way you have overlapped the blue hearts to make the background, very clever. Love the flock on the socks and jumper too, cool idea. Truly stunning. You'll be hooked now missus! Well done. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Carol Plume said...

Hello Deb
What a gorgeous tag - the shading on your image is fantastic and the idea of the flock is FAB!
Thanks for joining us this week at TYI and, like the other DT members, i hope you come back and visit us again soon...

scotspanda said...

gorgeous tag, how did the memento ink pad do with the promarkers?

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Rach said...

Deb this is a wonderful tag, love the effect that you have created with the glitter flock .. her socks look so cosy!!! i want some..
xxxx

RubyMay said...

Well Deb...I hope you are going to be making some more cos this is wonderful ! I am loving those cute little socks and the jumper....!
A really stunning tag x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...