Sunday 8 February 2009

Trying out Hamish

My brother celebrates his 33rd birthday this week, and I thought I'd give my new Hamish stamps (from sugar nellie) a try. 

I'm still not comfortable making cards for men, so this is quite simple. I used a jump card as a base and wrapped eyelash fibre round the face of the card and glued various sized blue and olive coloured ribbons to the base to give it a bit stability (these cards tend to fall over if you embellish the face too much).

I coloured the image, as usual, with promarkers and cut it with nesties. I matted it onto the orange/greenish distressed look paper from the BG cupcake paper pad. and cut that out with nesties too. I added the curved greeting peel-off from an Anita's birthday sheet.

4 comments:

Mar G said...

Aw how cute is wee Hamish?! :-)
Great card....Very unusual, love the colours & the buttons. I'm sure Chris will love it!
I'm leaving something for you on my blog....Don't rush there though cos I'm not finished yet ;-) (Lol) x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Cool card, love the colours and beautifully coloured. Lainy xx

Beckie said...

love the card... is it a template of do you but themlike that! I love hamish! I have him in the kilt!
Will try and do the 20 bits and bobs about me at some point!
x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card! Love the image of course but I love the way it pops up!! Looks fab with all those buttons..very manly!

To answer your question on an earlier post..if I am colouring with promarkers I always use memento or versafine ink. If pencils then Stazon and I stamp onto Concord Record card.
Hope that helps a little, Judy x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...