Monday 9 February 2009

Happy Birthday Mar!!

My good, good friend Mar is celebrating her thirty XXXXXth birthday today. Please go along and have a lookie at all the gorgeous cards she makes and wish her a happy birthday as she is in awful pain at the moment - she is waiting for spinal surgery. Her parcel from me arrived so I can now post the birthday card I made for her...

I used a plain white square card blank from Anita's as  a base, rounded the corners with the X-cut corner rounder punch, then attached a 5" square of Venetian Skies Creative Tones paper from Papermania (rounded the corners first). I then layered a 4" square of the same paper onto a denim blue core'dinations card - again trimming the corners and attached this with double sided foam tape. I coloured Daisy from Sugar Nellie with promarkers and added blue pearl pen to the centre of the flowers on the image and on the backing papers. The image and the scallop circle mat in coredinations was cut using the nesties in the cuttlebug again. And attached with doublesided foam tape. I then attached a couple of papermania silk flowers, blue ribbon and a white button tied with blue fibre, and a silver Anita's peel off greeting.

I also made a wee image folder for the image swap I'm doing with Meahni in South Africa, but I haven't taken pics yet so I'll post that later.

We've had no more snow, but its still white here. It was -6.5 degrees C last night before I went to bed and its still well below freezing now. But the sky is full of snow, so we'll see if we get more.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Lovely Card! The colours are so pretty!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card, this is one of my favourite sugar nellie stamps. So sweet, and beautifully coloured. Hugs linda x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hey Debbi, what a gorgeous card. Love the layout and the colouring is great. I'm definitely going to borrow this sketch :-)

Mar G said...

Deb - Thank You SO much for my beautiful card, my gorgeous RAM 'Baby Millie' stamp, my PIF & the fab blog candy goodies you sent! :-)
I'm very grateful & appreciate your kindness!
I've had a lovely day today....Even teaching Manda how to make cards ;-) Lol
Thank you ALL so much again - Much Love Mar x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...