Saturday 14 February 2009

Parcels Galore

I'm back - the kids all had a great time at the Singing Kettle and I managed to steer them away from the souvenirs lol

So now I'll tell you about all the parcels I got this morning. I got 2 parcels from my good chum Mar - one was the crop-a-dile she got for me, which can I just say is fantabulous - I'll be punching holes in everything that's not nailed down from now on. So, thank you Mar for getting that for me and I hope I sent the money to the right account ;~)

The second parcel was from Mar too - this was my slightly belated birthday parcel and cards. The card Mar made is simply stunning - so classy looking. If you can't read the sentiment it says " There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate". The Cafe Latte colour scheme is just gorgeous.

And here's the other card she sent me - because she just had to. Its so true lol

And these are all the goodies she sent me - thank you again Mar, there really was no need to get me anything at all, let alone so much xxx

There's some Bo Bunny All Stuck Up buttons in Wild Berry, and matching double dot ribbon. Some red grosgrain ribbon from the new Trimcraft Smirk range. I'm really touched that Mar remembered me mentioning that I have a real shortage of red ribbons. She also included a Little Miss Birthday book by Roger Hargreaves - cute as bits, and a box of Dr Samual Carter's Miracle Anti-Aging Elixir of Youth Rejuvenator - you cheeky bugger that you are!! lol It claims to banish wrinkles, revive sagging muscles, restore hair colouring, recover lost youth, renew lagging libido, replace lost firmness, relieve tired limbs, regenerate drying skin, revitalise aching bones and rectify fading memory :D So I'll be taking that in a bath very very soon :D

And my last parcel was from Woodcraft. I bought one of their flower-maker embossing punches at the end of last year and only used it once before I managed to jam the damned thing. So I thought I'd try emailing them to ask if they had any tips for removing the stuck paper. They first suggested I try giving it a sharp tap on a counter or table. This didn't work so the lovely lady in customer services told me their was a problem with this particular design (the ice crystal one) and therefore they had no stock to replace it, but they were quite happy for me to choose another design as a replacement. They didn't even want me to bother sending the faulty one back. So they sent it out yesterday and it arrived this morning - fantastic service. The lady even tried it out herself before she sent it out to make sure it worked fine.

So here is my new Bee's Jubilee flower-maker embossing punch

I also received a lovely card from another of my good friends and blogging buddies, Manda. She bought her very first watercolour pencils and coloured in a stamped image of Rope Swing from the Sweet Ebony Art collection by Elisabeth Bell at Sugar Nellie.

Well, I'm absolutely shattered - its been a long day, but I'll be back tomorrow with pics of the lovely valentines gifts I got from Graham and pics of the cards the kids made me.

4 comments:

Macpurp said...

oh wot lovely gifts!!
enjoy your anti aging bath!

xx

Mar G said...

Aw I'm SO glad you like your goodies & that you've finally got them! (Its that Post Office phobia you know....Lol) ;-)
Let me know if that Dr Samuel Carter's stuff works, cos I may need to get some for myself?!
Your thanks are appreciated but NO need after all you've given me (((Hugs)))!
Like the look of your new replacement punch too, yet another item for my list of craft stash wants I think?
TC - Love Mar x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Lovely gifts and cards. The Youth Rejuvenator sure does a lot of things! Enjoy! Hope you enjoyed your day out at the Singing Kettle with the kids. Lainy xxx

Meahni Pieterse said...

What a great card Mar made you! Very clever and I also love the colours. Seems you had Christmas on Valentines with all the goodies you got. Enjoy!

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...